Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 678

Thread: How to get Homebrew Channel on virgin 4.0 Wii!

  1. #31
    Member wiidoggii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dog House
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 197 Times in 147 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosyko View Post
    K, witht he new "Virgin Wii" Approch, I'm going to take a leap. Extract my Save files and Reformat. Wish me luck ;-;
    Let us know how you made out with this aproach...
    I my do the same..

  2. #32
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys and gals...I recently upgraded my Wii to 4.0 as well. Any chance this fix will allow me to play my Japanese games outside of buying a Japanese Wii?

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Dogeggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South UK
    Posts
    3,186
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 9,872 Times in 865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gr00veth3ory View Post
    Hey guys and gals...I recently upgraded my Wii to 4.0 as well. Any chance this fix will allow me to play my Japanese games outside of buying a Japanese Wii?
    once you have done the guide install preloader and enable the region free hacks and you will be good to go, search preloader for all the info u will need.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You Dogeggs For This Useful Post


  5. #34
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemata View Post
    If i get it right, all you need is the hbc from this new cool guide, and a sd/usb loader. But i may be wrong!
    I have the HBC, but I can't find a backup loader that works on 4.0

  6. #35
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Dogeggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South UK
    Posts
    3,186
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 9,872 Times in 865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Slayer View Post
    I have the HBC, but I can't find a backup loader that works on 4.0
    Gamma 002 fix is what you should be searching for, or softchip, they both work on 4.

  7. #36
    Junior Member
    Retired Site Artist
    zerosyko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    1,134
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 216 Times in 141 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wiidoggii View Post
    Let us know how you made out with this aproach...
    I my do the same..
    Worked great!! Although, I prolly didn't have to. It was an easy solution. I'm gonna add it to Dogeggs' original post.


  8. 1 User Says Thank You zerosyko For This Useful Post


  9. #37
    Member wiidoggii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dog House
    Posts
    1,051
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 197 Times in 147 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zerosyko View Post
    Worked great!! Although, I prolly didn't have to. It was an easy solution. I'm gonna add it to Dogeggs' original post.
    Good to know!!
    Thanks...

    I my try it just to start off clean.....

  10. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    I've did everthing that the guide says, and now I have hbc and version 4.0.
    I would like to downgrade so I'm reading the twilight/downgrade/starfall/gamma tutorial. It says it's for 3.1 - 3.4 only, but I'm guessing it was written a long time ago and not updated. So will it work for 4.0? And it says "[Perform these steps ONLY you are already on 3.3 or 3.4 otherwise Skip to Step 2]", do I do those steps since I have 4.0?

  11. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Followed the instructions on the guide but i'm getting an error at step 4 and 5..."ERROR! (ret = -1022)"
    Any ideas??
    Last edited by gr00veth3ory; 05-11-2009 at 03:30 PM.

  12. #40
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Dogeggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South UK
    Posts
    3,186
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 9,872 Times in 865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheProject View Post
    I've did everthing that the guide says, and now I have hbc and version 4.0.
    I would like to downgrade so I'm reading the twilight/downgrade/starfall/gamma tutorial. It says it's for 3.1 - 3.4 only, but I'm guessing it was written a long time ago and not updated. So will it work for 4.0? And it says "[Perform these steps ONLY you are already on 3.3 or 3.4 otherwise Skip to Step 2]", do I do those steps since I have 4.0?
    Pick up the guide from Step 1: +Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel, skip these 2 parts too:

    +Run cIOS Installer in Homebrew Channel.
    This installs the IOS needed by the launcher.

    +Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel.

    If you followed my guide you will have a newer cios and the shop is the old one, do a search if you want the new one

  13. 1 User Says Thank You Dogeggs For This Useful Post


Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •