Just wanted to say a big thanks to assassda for the great easy to follow guide. I have only had my Wii about 4 days and never tried anything like this before. I had problems with Bootmii not working, but found out this was due to my 4.1 not allowing control of the menu itself, so couldn't use that part of the guide. Thankfully all worked out fine besides that.
I am now loading content from my pc external HDD. I had some initial problems with USB Loader GX not seeing my drive, but tried SDUSB Loader to rip my game DVDs to the HDD and it worked fine. I then tried USB Loader GX again and it now sees the drive and the games I have ripped to it.
I even now have USB Loader as a Channel now so my son just has to click it and he now sees the games I ripped to the drive. It even shows the artwork for the game so he can tell which is which, he's only 4 so can't quite read yet. Awesome, I won't be pestered every 5 minutes to find a game he wants, so much easier now.
Can't thank you enough for this amazing guide.
I already have homebrew channel working on my 3.4E wii using the twilight hack...how do I update the system menu to 4.0 or 4.1?..can I use this guide to do it and will it install all the latest cios's and stuff?
what if the downgrade fails
Everything is going great, all my old VC/WW titles work... but new ones I put on won't!
Is it normal to not have the SD channel option, and have your firmware say 3.2U after all these steps? Thanks.
On the bootmii where you need to select the config (gears) are the wiimotes supposed to turn off and not turn back on again ? of has something gone wrong here
I understand there is a CIOSCORP v1 and a v2. And that MiiWii and SoftCorp both have mixed wads from each. Just follow the steps from one or the other?
Originally Posted by Dogeggs
I used this guide to update from 3.2u to 4.1u and worked great but like pnx6969 when i load bootmii from homebrew the wiimotes just turn off, and i have tried with a gamecube controller , power and reset button . but oh well at least preloader installed fine . One thing did not work which was the photo and shop channel they just restarted my wii. all i did to fix it was go to this thread http://www.wiihacks.com/general-home...stem-menu.html
and updated my channels with the trucha bug. I then installed cioscorp. The one I got with softmii 2.1 . Wads ,games , loaders all work just like before except now i can put them and load from my sd.
Thanks for the guide.
THE real manual for BOOTMII
--Unplug any Gamecube Memory Cards, Gamecube Controllers, USB Devices
--Read the FAQ and be prepared with a general knowledge of Wii Homebrew
Offline Downgrade Upgrade.zip (07-22-2009)
This package contains instructions on how to acquire the necessary files from Nintendo to do an offline update
This package will work on ANY Wii! Virgin or Nintendo Official Updated without cios!!
1) Extract the files somewhere on your hard drive such as C:\wii\ and run prepare.bat and choose your desired version
2) Check that the WAD files are correct with MooSFV. If any files are not correct run clean.bat and start over
3) Format your SD card to FAT16. Copy the contents inside the sd folder to the root of your SD card
4) Insert the SD card in the Wii and go to Data Management>Channels>SD Card press YES on the dialog box that asks to load boot.dol
5) Install the Homebrew Channel and install BootMii as boot2 if possible or as an IOS if boot2 is not available.
6) Launch Bootmii (if you installed to boot2 just reset the system if you installed to IOS go to the HBC and press the Home button)
7) Open the config menu (gears) and choose backup NAND (green arrow) wait for it to finish and restart the Wii
8) Run Trucha Bug Restorer and choose "IOS36" and pick "Downgrade IOS15" and "Load IOS from sd card" then restart
9) Run Trucha Bug Restorer again and choose "IOS15" then "IOS36 menu" set "IOS to slot 36" and "yes" "yes" "yes" to the 3 options then press "Install patched IOS36" and "Load IOS from sd card"
10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation
11) Run WAD-Manager_v1.4 again. Choose IOS249 and install WADs 01-18. If WAD Manager freezes during installation just try again from the WAD it froze on.
12) While still in WAD Manager install SystemMenuv###.wad
13) Install preloader. On the install screen press 1
14) Set your preloader settings. In preloader hacks enable "Skip disc update check"
umm... funny..did everything right and succesfully to the 5. but when tries to find how the heck i´m suppose to start with that bootmii.. got there one time, dont know even what did i do, but got there one time pushed that green arrow with reset button, then says not enough space in my SD (requires 600MB), I got 512MB card inside, BUT i have 4gb card, but it doesnt recognize it to an SD :/:/ ... SO do i have to find old 1gb card somewehere ??? AND what´s the real way to LOAD THAT BOOTMII, didnt load as on the manual ??
OK, now i got everything succesfull.. did all steps, but still sports resort wont work on neogamma loader or gecko loader, or with any else... also installed that WAN´s new cIOS rev.14 , after that still resort wont work :O ... so, what´s the deal here =) ?? can anybody tell me.. i got 3.2E system
Last edited by jannemeister; 07-30-2009 at 12:42 AM.
hi im a new member and was wondering how to get the home brew channel!i keep getting an error 10300002011 installing tiket!!!can anyone help?
Just wanted to say that I had soft modded my virgin 4.0 system and everything was working fine. Then I just updated the Wii to 4.1 (within the Wii System menu) and absolutely NOTHING happened (aside from the update).
My point is (because it's not clear with this threads FAQ) that if you have a already soft-modded 4.0 system, nothing bad will happen, all my homebrew and USB Loader GX still work perfectly.
I think this FAQ applies to those who haven't soft modded before, but even so, I'd rather use Nintendo's 4.1 update than the one listed in this FAQ, but that's just personal choice.
Anyways, I'm not trying to step on toes here if that's how I'm coming across, I just wanted to let people know my experience with updating an already soft-modded Wii from 4.0 - 4.1 (U) through Nintendo's update within the Wii Settings.
Tags for this Thread