Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 261

Thread: Burning Your Game Backups

  1. #181
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    sony DVD-r can be burned at 2x and it'll work fine 92%

  2. #182
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hiya,

    I have read that vebatim dvd-r works better but you can buy 16x or 8x, what shall i buy and does anyone know any good links for a good deal to buy them? thanks

  3. #183
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    can't really say cuz i've personally never used varbatim. You wud probably have to burn both types at different speeds and then check which one's run fine.

    I would recomnd you sony dvd-r at 2x with imgburn. it'll work hopefully

  4. 1 User Says Thank You variam For This Useful Post


  5. #184
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    if ripped the game from a backup game disc.. what speed is the best to rip the game out from the backup game disc.. anyone knows?

  6. #185
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I've had problems with Neogamma, I've done the soft mod correctly and have DVDx and BootMii (as boot2). Every time I try to load a game, I've been getting kicked back to the Wii menu. (4.2)(I've tried this with multiple games, multiple NeoGamma versions, and multiple regions of the games) This is the third time I've posted this on the forum, is there any solution other than going to USB drives? (which I can do, but DVDs are much cheaper)

  7. #186
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogod View Post
    I've had problems with Neogamma, I've done the soft mod correctly and have DVDx and BootMii (as boot2). Every time I try to load a game, I've been getting kicked back to the Wii menu. (4.2)(I've tried this with multiple games, multiple NeoGamma versions, and multiple regions of the games) This is the third time I've posted this on the forum, is there any solution other than going to USB drives? (which I can do, but DVDs are much cheaper)
    As you read in the softmod guide:
    "There is a new DVD drive chipset that is starting to emerge that will not play DVDR, if your Wii came with sys menu 4.0 on it then it could be one, the chipset is known as a D3-2 and the only way of telling if you have one is to open her up, but as this will invalidate your warranty you are better off trying to load DVDRs and if you just keep getting errors then it is a good indication that you have one. The USB loader will still work though so just follow the guide as normal."


    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...s-usb-hdd.html

  8. #187
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kefen18 View Post
    if ripped the game from a backup game disc.. what speed is the best to rip the game out from the backup game disc.. anyone knows?
    ImgBurn software; Verbatim DVD-R, first try at 4X if problems try again at 2.4 or 2X.

  9. #188
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    As you read in the softmod guide:
    "There is a new DVD drive chipset that is starting to emerge that will not play DVDR, if your Wii came with sys menu 4.0 on it then it could be one, the chipset is known as a D3-2 and the only way of telling if you have one is to open her up, but as this will invalidate your warranty you are better off trying to load DVDRs and if you just keep getting errors then it is a good indication that you have one. The USB loader will still work though so just follow the guide as normal."


    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...s-usb-hdd.html
    Not the problem. I bought it in January 2007, the warranty is long expired, and it came with system menu 1.

    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    ImgBurn software; Verbatim DVD-R, first try at 4X if problems try again at 2.4 or 2X.
    I already have ImgBurn. Is Verbatim a brand?
    Last edited by Dogod; 11-16-2009 at 04:05 PM.

  10. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i mean rip out the game from a disc.. is there any speed for that?
    cos, i using the 16x speed to rip the backup game from the disc, and use 2x or 4 x to burn the game

  11. #190
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    As long as you verify burn it won't matter the speed of the image copy. Only the burn rate tends to affect the errors that creep into a bad burn, not the copy speed.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •