Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 625

Thread: How to upgrade to 4.1 with homebrew still working

  1. #551
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by exhit View Post
    NEWBIE ALERT!

    To be sure of what i'm doing:

    So, i have a 3.4 firmware Wii: 1. It's ok to follow this tutorial?

    Also,

    cIOS38_rev14-installer.rar has 2 items:

    folder: cIOS38_rev14-Installler (2. where do i put this? app folder?)
    wad: IOS38-64-v3610.wad (3. WAD folder i presume. To install this pack all i have to do is to run the wad in wad manager right?)
    4. And, which of them do i run first?


    Firmware-Updater_4.1.rar has 2 items:

    folder: Firmware-Updater_4.1 (5. again, to make sure, i put this in apps folder?)
    wad: IOS60patched.rar (6. Wad folder too? But, in the links there's another rar with the same name as this one. Which do i use?)

    Thank you guys
    Put the cIOS38_rev14-Installler in the apps directory.
    Put the IOS38-64-v3610.wad in the root of the SD card.
    The installer will use the online feature, the wad is if you don't have internet connection.


    Put Firmware-Updater_4.1 in the apps directory
    Put the IOS60patched.wad in SD\wad
    Run the wad first with wad manager

  2. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  3. #552
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    Put the cIOS38_rev14-Installler in the apps directory.
    Put the IOS38-64-v3610.wad in the root of the SD card.
    The installer will use the online feature, the wad is if you don't have internet connection.
    I run the IOS first, then the cIOS?


    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    Put Firmware-Updater_4.1 in the apps directory
    Put the IOS60patched.wad in SD\wad
    Run the wad first with wad manager
    Which of the IOS60patched rars do i use? the one in the link aside or the one already in the firmware rar?


    Again, is it safe to do with any firmware (prior to 4.1)? Thanks guys

  4. #553
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok i finally understood what you meant, but when installing the 4.1 update (#11) it gives an error. Something like this: Error (ret: -1). I think its this.

    Now i'm clueless of what to do.

  5. #554
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by exhit View Post
    Ok i finally understood what you meant, but when installing the 4.1 update (#11) it gives an error. Something like this: Error (ret: -1). I think its this.

    Now i'm clueless of what to do.
    Did you put cios38-64-3610.wad file in the root of the SD card.
    Can you make sure you have rev14 installed. (check in a loader screen

  6. #555
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After the installation, everything works fine.

    Except that wii Shop cannot be launched anymore.

    It will show black screen, after a while, the wii resets.

    Any advice ?

  7. #556
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by wiibug View Post
    After the installation, everything works fine.

    Except that wii Shop cannot be launched anymore.

    It will show black screen, after a while, the wii resets.

    Any advice ?
    All channels should remain.
    You could reinstall the shop channel with this link.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/homebrew-dow...installer.html

  8. #557
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    All channels should remain.
    You could reinstall the shop channel with this link.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/homebrew-dow...installer.html
    Thank you.

    I fixed the problem by using WiiSCU to install IOS61 (selected -trucha option).

    Essentially the same idea as what you have suggested.

  9. #558
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so i have a 3.4u system can i do this upgrade and can i play just dance and the new supermario bros

  10. #559
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I,ve just updated from 4.0E to 4.1E on my Wii. I didnīt get an Error while installing.

    Now Iīm trying to launch a game from my hdd with USBLoader wiishizza and I get this Error: Error #002.

    Who can help me with this?

  11. #560
    Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Green Hill Zone
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    295
    Thanked 3,895 Times in 987 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Use a more updated USB Loader which has 002 fix in the config menu or built in such as the latest USB Loader GX.

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •