Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 625

Thread: How to upgrade to 4.1 with homebrew still working

  1. #491
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    The private directory is the bannerbomb. Directory aktn, this should be removed when done.
    Also in the private directory which you should keep is the title directory, which is your game saves.
    Thanks for the quick reply.... I started all this out at 3.4u Then downgraded to 3.2u and back up to 4.1u (So far without many problems and Without a Internet connection to the Wii) I must say this is a great site for the correct information and I thank everyone for all the great tutorials.

  2. #492
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    You said you tried IOS36 and you got an error.
    Its usually straight forward to install cIOS38rev14.
    Sorry I can't think of anything else.
    No, I don't get any errors installing IOS36. I am sorry I am confusing you. It installs it successfully.
    I was just confused about which option to use when I run the installer. Should I leave the selection as "249" (which is the default value) like you said or change it to "36" like the instructions say to do. Both install without errors in the installer. But which one do I really need to use?

  3. #493
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga View Post
    No, I don't get any errors installing IOS36. I am sorry I am confusing you. It installs it successfully.
    I was just confused about which option to use when I run the installer. Should I leave the selection as "249" (which is the default value) like you said or change it to "36" like the instructions say to do. Both install without errors in the installer. But which one do I really need to use?
    I would go with 249.
    Is everything else Ok.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  5. #494
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for sticking with me WiiJohn. I followed your steps and still got stuck on #123 in the 4.1 updater. So I looked on the forums and got the offline wad and that worked. So it looks like I have a 4.1U Wii now. I hope nothing else is screwed up.
    I installed Priiloader and blocked disc updates. I also turned on region-free games.
    To test out the ability to play backups I downloaded cooking mama and tried to run it, but it did not work. Did I need to enable anything else to be able to do this?

    I have a suspicion that the disc I burned could be bad. I used DVD+R and burned it at 2.5X using Roxio.

    Or could I have a Wii that doesn't play DVDR? Is there a way to find out without cracking it open?

    Again thanks for the help and all the advice.

  6. #495
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    just wondering, if you did the softmod for any wii off this site, can you not just do the firmware updater 4.1 program in homebrew ?

  7. #496
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by oogabooga View Post
    Thanks for sticking with me WiiJohn. I followed your steps and still got stuck on #123 in the 4.1 updater. So I looked on the forums and got the offline wad and that worked. So it looks like I have a 4.1U Wii now. I hope nothing else is screwed up.
    I installed Priiloader and blocked disc updates. I also turned on region-free games.
    To test out the ability to play backups I downloaded cooking mama and tried to run it, but it did not work. Did I need to enable anything else to be able to do this?

    I have a suspicion that the disc I burned could be bad. I used DVD+R and burned it at 2.5X using Roxio.

    Or could I have a Wii that doesn't play DVDR? Is there a way to find out without cracking it open?

    Again thanks for the help and all the advice.
    For your Wii not to play backups it would have to be this years, and have the D3-2 drive chip. Check your serial number here.
    USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

    You should use Verbatim DVD-R imageburn < x4.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  9. #497
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Green45 View Post
    just wondering, if you did the softmod for any wii off this site, can you not just do the firmware updater 4.1 program in homebrew ?
    Its almost just that, here is the guide, if you do all of this it will work, if you miss things or change the order you could have trouble.

    If you already have Homebrew, upgrade to 4.1 written by Dogeggs

  10. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  11. #498
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    thank you wiijohn!


    cios249r14 has become invalid or deleted
    Last edited by Green45; 12-10-2009 at 10:08 PM.

  12. #499
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Green45 View Post
    thank you wiijohn!


    cios249r14 has become invalid or deleted
    Did you mean the from my sig, I have just tried it and it seems OK.


  13. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  14. #500
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiJohn View Post
    For your Wii not to play backups it would have to be this years, and have the D3-2 drive chip. Check your serial number here.
    USB Devices Compatibility List - WikiTemp

    You should use Verbatim DVD-R imageburn < x4.
    I bought my Wii last week. I don't see anywhere on that list where you can check the Wii's serial number. It's a list of the compatibility of USB devices for the Wii.

    I just ordered some Verbatim DVD-Rs from Amazon since all I use at home are Verbatim DVD+R. They'll be here on Monday hopefully. I am assuming you don't need to do anything with the iso images other than burn them in imgburn.
    Thanks
    Last edited by oogabooga; 12-11-2009 at 05:38 AM.

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •