Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 625

Thread: How to upgrade to 4.1 with homebrew still working

  1. #271
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohn200384 View Post
    hiu guys
    i have wii on system 4.0 e

    i thought it was time to update my wii following this guide,
    all went fiine untill i installed the ios60 patched.wad
    then i got a black screen saying the file system is corrupt, which leads me to belive it has been bricked. this message is all that comes up as its rebooted now.
    Any ideas why it did this and how to repair thanks in advance
    Definitely a full brick there. If you have bootmii or preloader installed, than its a no big deal. But if u dont have both of them, well i think someone senior here know the solution. Good luck

  2. #272
    Senior Member messie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,118
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,065 Posts
    actually this is a banner brick, you get it when you install ios60 with preloader already installed... try booting while holding reset if you have it, it will bring you to preloader menu. reinstalling preloader 0.29 may fix it

  3. #273
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Just followed these instructions exactly and ended up with my homebrew channel not working, just get a blank screen.. Managed to step back with Bootmii... Any idea why this would be??

  4. #274
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm having a problem with the last step: using the 4.1 update.
    I'm getting either:
    1. The updater sits forever trying to initialize the network or
    2. More often I'm getting an exception DSI? error and a bunch of numbers on a black screen
    3. Sometimes I get a an "error ret=-116" error from the updater before it goes to the exception screen
    I have wii connect 24 off

    I'm trying to update from 3.4 in order to install preloader as described in the other "soft mod any wii" thread. Everything was working fine until this point. ???
    Thanks
    Last edited by valkyriesound; 09-13-2009 at 09:15 PM.

  5. #275
    Senior Member messie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,118
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,065 Posts
    "error -116 could not find network"

    it's a long shot but... you do have an internet connection... right???

  6. #276
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by messie View Post
    "error -116 could not find network"

    it's a long shot but... you do have an internet connection... right???
    Fair question... YES. I I do have a connection... I had it before I started the softmod process...

    ??

  7. #277
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello all,
    A quick background. I had previously sucsessfuly softmodded my Wii, Home Brew, USBLoaderGx. I was attempting to follow the guide here and have managed to banner brick my Wii. This happened when i was attempting to install IOS60patched.wad with the wad manager. I am not sure what I have done as I am still so new to this i dont even know how to tell you what wads i have installed, and had some problems doing the origional soft mod, so please excuse my ignorance as I try to learn more about this.

    If I let the system boot normal I get the banner brick screen, However if I boot the system while holding reset I get the preloader v0.29 screen, and can launch the HBC from there with no problems that I can see. I can also load the WAD manager from here as well, however I get a dump screen with just about every IOS i select.

    Should I attempt to restore it to a "Virgin" state, and try again? Or would one of the restore chips work better?

    Damn I wish these were laid out as easy as the XBox's were!!!!!

    Thanks in advance,
    Jason

  8. #278
    Senior Member messie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,118
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,065 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by valkyriesound View Post
    Fair question... YES. I I do have a connection... I had it before I started the softmod process...

    ??
    try configuring it again, the error suggests a problem with the connection,, maybe the router won't do a good job or sth... try again a couple of times

    Quote Originally Posted by someoneelse View Post
    Hello all,
    A quick background. I had previously sucsessfuly softmodded my Wii, Home Brew, USBLoaderGx. I was attempting to follow the guide here and have managed to banner brick my Wii. This happened when i was attempting to install IOS60patched.wad with the wad manager. I am not sure what I have done as I am still so new to this i dont even know how to tell you what wads i have installed, and had some problems doing the origional soft mod, so please excuse my ignorance as I try to learn more about this.

    If I let the system boot normal I get the banner brick screen, However if I boot the system while holding reset I get the preloader v0.29 screen, and can launch the HBC from there with no problems that I can see. I can also load the WAD manager from here as well, however I get a dump screen with just about every IOS i select.

    Should I attempt to restore it to a "Virgin" state, and try again? Or would one of the restore chips work better?

    Damn I wish these were laid out as easy as the XBox's were!!!!!

    Thanks in advance,
    Jason
    you installed preloader before ios60 that's why you get an error... try reinstalling preloader with HBC

  9. 1 User Says Thank You messie For This Useful Post


  10. #279
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Many thanks Messie! I am able to boot to the system menu. Am I correct in assuming that i would just run the 4.1 update now?

    The only reason I am trying to update is so the newer backups will work correctly. Is it worth updating to the new version?

  11. #280
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mamozkay View Post
    Definitely a full brick there. If you have bootmii or preloader installed, than its a no big deal. But if u dont have both of them, well i think someone senior here know the solution. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by messie View Post
    actually this is a banner brick, you get it when you install ios60 with preloader already installed... try booting while holding reset if you have it, it will bring you to preloader menu. reinstalling preloader 0.29 may fix it
    Download bannerbomb it will re-install homebrew, you should not have reverted!! Try bannerbomb, then preloader, if still nothing, try fresh(undo whatever you did with your backup), from the start.

Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •