Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 241

Thread: So your Rock Band instruments won't work?

  1. #41
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsenwtf View Post
    Once it gathers it's 15/15 components or whatever the first thing it tries to install fails and I get sent back to homebrew!

    I tried it the alternative way that's floating around here(with the whole 232 deal)

    And it loads rockband and the instruments all show a blue circle but none of them actually connect any help?
    I have the same problem: once I have gotten 15/15, it goes and tries to install something or I don't know, but at the end it sais that it failed (-1017)

    I have not tried 232 thingy on the options they give me.... (when you go down w/ the D-Pad).

    Could someone please help? I have done this before and it worked, although by trying to downgrade my Wii, I install some weird stuff that I don't remember, and then some weird IOSdowngrader... dunno... if I don't get it to work all my instruments will be a lost

    Please help!
    Last edited by Viewtiful_Josh; 07-05-2009 at 01:34 PM.

  2. 1 User Says Thank You Viewtiful_Josh For This Useful Post


  3. #42
    Junior Member Jasons34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,295
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 455 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Confirm working for Rock Band 2 with Rock Band 1 instrument!
    I use
    Custom IOS37 with IOS36 rev7 dip as IOS232 with softchip.(set to 232).
    I tried using it with gamma but no luck.
    I hope this helps!

    Do exactly that. Wiiwuh came up with that but I dont know how to post quotes. Sorry... That is the same thing I said before only more simple. When you have this all installed, try running the softchip. If it was all done right, the rockband game will load and everything will work fine. If you then go to wadder.net, you can actually download the rockband launcher powered by softchip, that way you dont have to go into HBC to load softchip.

  4. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasons34 View Post
    Confirm working for Rock Band 2 with Rock Band 1 instrument!
    I use
    Custom IOS37 with IOS36 rev7 dip as IOS232 with softchip.(set to 232).
    I tried using it with gamma but no luck.
    I hope this helps!

    Do exactly that. Wiiwuh came up with that but I dont know how to post quotes. Sorry... That is the same thing I said before only more simple. When you have this all installed, try running the softchip. If it was all done right, the rockband game will load and everything will work fine. If you then go to wadder.net, you can actually download the rockband launcher powered by softchip, that way you dont have to go into HBC to load softchip.
    Will the numerous times I tried doing it the other way interfere with this method?
    And should I rebot the wii before I start up softchip?

    **EDIT***
    I don't know why but I just did it again and it worked! YESSS!
    Thanks so much!
    And one question if I backup guitar hero on a disc will my rockband instruments work with it?
    Last edited by Thorsenwtf; 07-05-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Avoiding double post

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Thorsenwtf For This Useful Post


  6. #44
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 883 Times in 404 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorsenwtf View Post
    And one question if I backup guitar hero on a disc will my rockband instruments work with it?
    No.


    Instrument Compatibility Matrix v4.50 - Joystiq

  7. #45
    New Member Xynergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 19 Times in 8 Posts
    Hey Treckster, thanks for all your work and help with this Wii stuff. Quick question (Maybe not so quick)

    Before USB Loaders this method worked to get RB instruments working then the era of USB hdds came about and the new CIOSes overwrote 249 without incorporating CIOS 37. Thus gaining USB Loader support and losing RB instrument support.

    Is it possible to install 37 with 36 as ios 232 then Rev 13B as 249 to maintain all the functionality of both worlds?

    Otherwise I have found using 222/223 works to have both as well.

  8. #46
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 883 Times in 404 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Not sure mate, I dont have usb loader


    All I can say is you can test it if you feel it may work, Just be careful in what you are doing =D

  9. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Lu65, fw 4.0

    will this work for LU64/65 with firmware 4.0? I've read that you cannot install any cios below rev12 on those wiis. If that's the case, does anyone know the fix for it

  10. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    does this work on a pal wii ? as i cant patch cISO37 ??? keep gettin failed

  11. #49
    Member trekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,188
    Thanks
    53
    Thanked 883 Times in 404 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    what firmware you on?


    also, http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...-band-2-a.html


    DLC ^^^^^^^^^

  12. #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trekster View Post
    what firmware you on?


    also, http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...-band-2-a.html


    DLC ^^^^^^^^^
    im on 4.0e & homebrew ver 1.0.1

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •