I'm thinking of getting a SunDriver but have a couple of questions:
1. Is it totally invisible, or is there some way for the Wii to detect that the original drive is no longer connected?
2. Is it really update-proof?
3. Is the only way to select the game by using the reset/eject buttons on the Wii? Is there any way to use the Wii remote or a GameCube pad?
4. When you want to swap to a different game, do you just power off and back on again?
5. Does it work with scrubbed isos?
Answer to Q3 from http://www.d2sun.com/sundriver.htm
"How to use the NGC joypad to select the game:
* Press the UP / DOWN button for jump to the previous / next game;
* Press the LEFT / RIGHT button for jump to the previous / next page;
* Press the B button for sort the game list in the order sorting mode or title sorting mode;
* Press the A button for start run the selected ISO!"
great info i was looking at them too! good invest or no? :confused:
I've ordered a SunDriver so I'll report back once I've tried it. Off to find a HDD for it now :)
Its a great bit of kit,you wont regret buying it
Thanks :) I'm waiting for my tri-wing screwdriver to arrive before I try it out.
Originally Posted by DracUK
Just be careful when reinstalling front fascia of wii.You can easily break the sundriver usb port solder joints if you force it on.The front of the sundriver needs raising up a bit into the wii slot.Use the rubber feet off wii drive or use a couple of nylon washers and dont screw the sundriver down too tight.
I just used drive feet. Download the manual from d2sun site.
Originally Posted by mashers
Heres your answers
thanks guys ill be sure to get one!!
With the sundriver in place. will the rock band games and any other game using usb support work with out adding more hacks such as hermes? im curious about that. thanks