Page 66 of 400 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 3999

Thread: Need Help? Post your system check here

  1. #651
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    Follow the softmod guide in my signature to a T
    Is this a response to my post or one of the others? If mine, thanks for the response, but can you be more specific? I know you all get a ton of these sorts of questions, but does the solution for my problem really require me to go through an entire softmodding guide, considering that the system has already been softmodded and has otherwise been working fine for over a year until yesterday? I'm not exactly starting from scratch with softmodding the wii--I just have this one big problem that's come up.

  2. #652
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis galaxy View Post
    Is this a response to my post or one of the others? If mine, thanks for the response, but can you be more specific? I know you all get a ton of these sorts of questions, but does the solution for my problem really require me to go through an entire softmodding guide, considering that the system has already been softmodded and has otherwise been working fine for over a year until yesterday? I'm not exactly starting from scratch with softmodding the wii--I just have this one big problem that's come up.
    4.3 Wii's wont play backup discs.. the guide will downgrade you to 4.1, It will install a patched SM and install the most compatible IOS and cIOS. though you have recently updated your cIOS to d2x cIOS v7, I believe v6 that the guide installs has the best compatibility so far (might be wrong on that). You having to "run through an entire softmod guide" is gonna take you 15 minutes.. 20 max if your not slow... and since you have a working HBC you can start the guide from the spoiler "softmods with HBC"... You'll be happy when its done..

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  3. 2 Users Say Thank You to Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


  4. #653
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    4.3 Wii's wont play backup discs.. the guide will downgrade you to 4.1, It will install a patched SM and install the most compatible IOS and cIOS. though you have recently updated your cIOS to d2x cIOS v7, I believe v6 that the guide installs has the best compatibility so far (might be wrong on that). You having to "run through an entire softmod guide" is gonna take you 15 minutes.. 20 max if your not slow... and since you have a working HBC you can start the guide from the spoiler "softmods with HBC"... You'll be happy when its done..
    Okay, thank you. I know you are getting at now. But you can't be right about 4.3 wiis, or something is being left out. Like I was saying before, this Wii has been playing both wii and gamecube backup discs without a problem for over a year--it's been softmodded on 4.3 that entire time. I've played the same backup discs I tried yesterday before on this same Wii running the same softmodded 4.3 firmware. The Wii has had softmod 4.3 on it for over a year--I watched a guy use the smash bros brawl exploit on it last summer, which was the only way to soft-mod a wil that had official 4.3 installed at that time, if I remember right from when I was researching it. I just got the Wii used last summer. And my Wii now isn't playing backup or retail discs, all the more reason for me to say the problem isn't with 4.3.

    So what I'm wondering is why my wii won't play the discs now--retail or backup--when it did before on 4.3, and I'm wondering how to fix this. It doesn't seem like I should need to downgrade to 4.1, since I never had these problems with 4.3 until yesterday.

    PS: Sorry, I'm not trying to sound like an ungrateful noob/jerk Just trying to clarify the situation. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by curtis galaxy; 12-01-2011 at 02:21 PM.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You curtis galaxy For This Useful Post


  6. #654
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis galaxy View Post
    Okay, thank you. I know you are getting at now. But you can't be right about 4.3 wiis, or something is being left out. Like I was saying before, this Wii has been playing both wii and gamecube backup discs without a problem for over a year--it's been softmodded on 4.3 that entire time. I've played the same backup discs I tried yesterday before on this same Wii running the same softmodded 4.3 firmware. The Wii has had softmod 4.3 on it for over a year--I watched a guy use the smash bros brawl exploit on it last summer, which was the only way to soft-mod a wil that had official 4.3 installed at that time, if I remember right from when I was researching it. I just got the Wii used last summer. And my Wii now isn't playing backup or retail discs, all the more reason for me to say the problem isn't with 4.3.

    So what I'm wondering is why my wii won't play the discs now--retail or backup--when it did before on 4.3, and I'm wondering how to fix this. It doesn't seem like I should need to downgrade to 4.1, since I never had these problems with 4.3 until yesterday.

    PS: Sorry, I'm not trying to sound like an ungrateful noob/jerk Just trying to clarify the situation. Thanks for the help.
    LMAO no your fine I misread something along the way.. so it doesnt read retail either? did it have a disc in it during move and storage? the laser probably needs a good cleaning or something got bumped around to hard and got messed up.. Its drive or laser.. Id clean the laser before doing anything drastic.. BUT! the guide is something you want to follow after you figure this out anyways.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  7. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


  8. #655
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    LMAO no your fine I misread something along the way.. so it doesnt read retail either? did it have a disc in it during move and storage? the laser probably needs a good cleaning or something got bumped around to hard and got messed up.. Its drive or laser.. Id clean the laser before doing anything drastic.. BUT! the guide is something you want to follow after you figure this out anyways.
    Okay, great, thanks. I'll check things out with the laser. That was my first guess, but since I hadn't played it in so long, I thought I'd be better to research the issue a bit more. I didn't have a disc in the drive during storage, but maybe something weird happened while moving it around anyway. And I'll definitely check out that guide afterward, too. I've been sort of out of the loop on the wii modding scene since earlier this year--I modded a ps3 and got caught up with that for awhile. The wii has been getting lonely, though and I just got the sudden urge to play metroid prime again. Cheers.

  9. #656
    New Member BlackBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    Nope... Not until you can post a Syscheck correctly......
    So sorry that I did not post it correctly, I've just been frenetic about the Wii recently. I am now unable to use HBC, I specified what happened in my previous post, so how will I be able to run the Sys Check now? 0.o
    Last edited by BlackBaron; 12-01-2011 at 03:37 PM.

  10. #657
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wii will only run games when in maintenance mode. When not in maintenance mode no matter what I load (HBC, retail Wii game, Wii settings) I get a black screen. From Prii Loader I can get to the HBC and use Neogamma but not from the System Menu.


    Spoiler


  11. #658
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Spoiler

    Anyone have suggestions for mine?

  12. #659
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Yes your mod needs a update... Install the cIOS Pack and IOS Pack from The Any Wii Guide and you should be all good to go.
    Last edited by narse1979; 12-02-2011 at 12:30 AM.


  13. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post


  14. #660
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    sysCheck Newbie

    Can someone tell if my system is good ? What could be deleted, or added ? tnx

    Spoiler


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •