Page 370 of 396 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 3954

Thread: Need Help? Post your system check here

  1. #3691
    New Member shubiduba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, I'd like some help before doing stuff on my Wii. I got it from a friend recently, it was his kids' console and he's given them another one now. He didn't do the softmodding on this one himself nor used it often, so he didn't have much details on it. He said it's the blocked drive model (I checked and it's a GC2-D4).

    The issue is: it's on a 4.3E System Menu (LEH39~ serial, so it's an european one), and ran perfectly on his house and TV. In mine, now, it's gone black and white on the SysMenu. I use NeoGamma and force NTSC on games and it works fine and in color, but the menu keeps black and white. I think it must be some region stuff, since my TV has already done this with PS2, PS1 and Saturn PAL games (since those were unusual cases, I'd just get the game from another region). Even if I change the TV settings to PAL mode, it stays black and white.

    I haven't tried emulators or other things than original games on it (got Sports and Mario Kart here), but it's still black and white when I go into Homebrew Channel, Settings, etc. I thought of re-softmodding it and changing for an U region, but since I'm pretty new to this console, I found it wiser to ask first.

    There goes the check!

    Spoiler



    I read a lot of stuff, found some info about an AnyRegionChanger which I don't know if will solve my problem, got many tutorials about modding but I found this forum to be a lot more organized. Anyway, thank you for your time!

  2. #3692
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    3,205
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shubiduba
    Hi, I'd like some help before doing stuff on my Wii. I got it from a friend recently, it was his kids' console and he's given them another one now. He didn't do the softmodding on this one himself nor used it often, so he didn't have much details on it. He said it's the blocked drive model (I checked and it's a GC2-D4).

    The issue is: it's on a 4.3E System Menu (LEH39~ serial, so it's an european one), and ran perfectly on his house and TV. In mine, now, it's gone black and white on the SysMenu. I use NeoGamma and force NTSC on games and it works fine and in color, but the menu keeps black and white. I think it must be some region stuff, since my TV has already done this with PS2, PS1 and Saturn PAL games (since those were unusual cases, I'd just get the game from another region). Even if I change the TV settings to PAL mode, it stays black and white.

    I haven't tried emulators or other things than original games on it (got Sports and Mario Kart here), but it's still black and white when I go into Homebrew Channel, Settings, etc. I thought of re-softmodding it and changing for an U region, but since I'm pretty new to this console, I found it wiser to ask first.

    There goes the check!

    Spoiler



    I read a lot of stuff, found some info about an AnyRegionChanger which I don't know if will solve my problem, got many tutorials about modding but I found this forum to be a lot more organized. Anyway, thank you for your time!
    Your soft mod is out of date.
    Go to the Soft mod any Wii Guide and start from...."Soft mod with homebrew channel installed. "

    You have to complete the whole guide from that point , mentioned above.

    Your tv is the problem, it doesn't support that region and I have never tried the region change, so I can not advise you on that.

    Jax

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

    Also, I believe there is a part in the for mentioned guide that will let you switch your region

    Please be careful and read the guide a few times, before proceeding.
    Last edited by Jax; 08-18-2013 at 01:31 PM.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You Jax For This Useful Post


  4. #3693
    New Member shubiduba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I went carefully and redid the softmod, updating it. It's now on 4.1E, I decided to keep the region intact in case the update fixed the issue by itself.

    And it didn't, the menu is still in black and white. However, when I access it through Priiloader, it's in color.

    So I'm in doubt - should I redo the softmod completely and install 4.1U, simply install it without redoing everything, or should I try some other region changing method? I also saw mauifrog's region changing tutorial, but the download links are broken.

  5. #3694
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    3,205
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shubiduba
    I went carefully and redid the softmod, updating it. It's now on 4.1E, I decided to keep the region intact in case the update fixed the issue by itself.

    And it didn't, the menu is still in black and white. However, when I access it through Priiloader, it's in color.

    So I'm in doubt - should I redo the softmod completely and install 4.1U, simply install it without redoing everything, or should I try some other region changing method? I also saw mauifrog's region changing tutorial, but the download links are broken.
    If you are going to change your region, just go through the soft mod again , this way this will overwrite everything and you should not have any hiccups.

    Jax

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  6. #3695
    New Member shubiduba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Went again through the softmod, installed 4.1U, it's still black and white and the wii settings page displays an Opera Error =/

    Guess I'll stay with 4.1E (softmodding again) and load Priiloader, if that's the case, although I would like to have a better option!

  7. #3696
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    3,205
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shubiduba
    Went again through the softmod, installed 4.1U, it's still black and white and the wii settings page displays an Opera Error =/

    Guess I'll stay with 4.1E (softmodding again) and load Priiloader, if that's the case, although I would like to have a better option!
    You are playing with fire.
    That being said , I would wait for a mod that has experience in this area, because of the opera error and the going back and forth to different regions.

    That can't be good!

    You should have follow the instructions first time around, chances are you would not have incurred this problem. Maybe.

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  8. #3697
    New Member shubiduba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm pretty sure I followed them correctly, but thanks! I found this tutorial, which is specifically about what seems to be my problem... http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...era-error.html

    I'm also wondering if I should take this to another topic, so I don't mess this one up by going too far beyond the syscheck. The Wii is still turned on and I haven't done a thing since noticing the problem.
    Last edited by cjizzle; 08-19-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: approved moderated post and merged with next post

  9. #3698
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,135
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shubiduba View Post
    I'm also wondering if I should take this to another topic, so I don't mess this one up by going too far beyond the syscheck. The Wii is still turned on and I haven't done a thing since noticing the problem.
    The Bricked Section would be best. Describe the problem in detail there, along with everything you have done. Mauifrog should be able to help you out there.

  10. 2 Users Say Thank You to cjizzle For This Useful Post


  11. #3699
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I like to know if I installed my wads. In the Soft Mod any Wii guide your supposed to see if all the wads are installed. I do not know how to do that. In general I like to see if I hacked it correctly.

    Here is the system check

    spoiler


  12. #3700
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,135
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siids View Post
    I like to know if I installed my wads. In the Soft Mod any Wii guide your supposed to see if all the wads are installed. I do not know how to do that. In general I like to see if I hacked it correctly.

    Here is the system check

    spoiler

    Everything looks fine. If any of them didn't install correctly, WiiMod would have told you right after you attempted to install them.

  13. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •