Page 35 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 3999

Thread: Need Help? Post your system check here

  1. #341
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation

    Everything has worked fine for me up until trying to get Kirby's Return To Dreamland to work via the same method I always use, DVD-R launched with neogamma. Updated to the latest version of neogamma, tried different settings on neogamma, tried updating and reinstalling IOS's, re-burning multiple times at different speeds... nothing works at all. It's driving me nuts. Should I update to 4.3u? I've read online that system menu version apparently doesn't have any difference from 4.2u though so I'm not sure if that's the prob. If relevant the issue I encounter that won't let me play is after I get to the menu and try to start a new game it says something like the disc could not be read. Well anyway have a look and tell me what's wrong please? :|

    Spoiler


  2. #342
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,311
    Thanks
    1,803
    Thanked 4,246 Times in 3,571 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Your SysCheck makes it obvious to me you've not followed mauifrog's "Softmod ANY Wii" guide and likely that's the problem. Look here. No DS2 V7Alpha5. No V5.1 Hermes except 202 and 224. Wrong base for 247, 248, and 249. IDK about 245 and 246, nor 251. Again, signs of a bad Softmod (based on what works for most people, which is indeed mauifrog's guide). Wrong bases will do what you describe...

  3. #343
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,170
    Thanks
    1,437
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Your SysCheck makes it obvious to me you've not followed mauifrog's "Softmod ANY Wii" guide and likely that's the problem. Look here. No DS2 V7Alpha5. No V5.1 Hermes except 202 and 224. Wrong base for 247, 248, and 249. IDK about 245 and 246, nor 251. Again, signs of a bad Softmod (based on what works for most people, which is indeed mauifrog's guide). Wrong bases will do what you describe...
    Not to disagree with you nightstah (I do agree that maui's guide is the best), but the bases in 245-251 are not wrong, they are just different. As good as mauis guide it, not every single wii has to be set up the same way in order to work. If I had to make a guess, I would say that the d2x v7 aplha 5 might be messing with neogamma. Since by default neogamma uses 249, OP's syscheck show that he has the correct base for Kirby in the correct slot. OP should attempt to install d2x v6 base 56 in slot 249.

    BTW, that is almost exactly how my syscheck looks

  4. #344
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,311
    Thanks
    1,803
    Thanked 4,246 Times in 3,571 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Not everyone will have identical SysChecks, I fully agree. And what works for one, may not work for another --- also agreed. It comes down to particular title, loader being used, particular cIOS, base, USB or optical, etc.

    It seems the wiser choice would be as maui has setup and use IOS Switcher if necessary. As an alpha, yes that can play a part in terms of potential issues or compatibility questions --- and NeoGamma is still a creaky, old loader compared to most. But if he's optical-only, it's one of the easier ones.

    I often wonder why a user comes here --- when it's obvious he softmodded by some other site's guide --- how it becomes wiihackians' responsibility to fix it (and obviously that this user either choose not to seek assistance from same, or was able to get assistance from same). It grows tiring having to "fix some other sites' problems" ya know?

  5. #345
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,170
    Thanks
    1,437
    Thanked 2,543 Times in 1,879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Not everyone will have identical SysChecks, I fully agree. And what works for one, may not work for another --- also agreed. It comes down to particular title, loader being used, particular cIOS, base, USB or optical, etc.

    It seems the wiser choice would be as maui has setup and use IOS Switcher if necessary. As an alpha, yes that can play a part in terms of potential issues or compatibility questions --- and NeoGamma is still a creaky, old loader compared to most. But if he's optical-only, it's one of the easier ones.

    I often wonder why a user comes here --- when it's obvious he softmodded by some other site's guide --- how it becomes wiihackians' responsibility to fix it (and obviously that this user either choose not to seek assistance from same, or was able to get assistance from same). It grows tiring having to "fix some other sites' problems" ya know?
    I feel ya buddy. But thats why we are here right ? We are the good guys of wii hacking! Not everyone finds this site first unfortunately, but I do feel like we are obligated to help every person wanting some help (as long as the help requested and given falls within the site rules of course).

    I followed dogeggs guide years ago, and with research throughout the last two and a half years have managed to get everything working the way I want it without ever following mauis guide. As I said my syscheck looks almost identical to the one posted above! I understand how maui's guide works (and it is damn good btw), which is why I always send users his way. The only reason I didn't this time was because you can look at the users syscheck and see that he/she has done a lot of manual updating since the original 4.2u he is on came out. Priiloader installed, d2x v7 installed, all IOS up to date, and he knew how to post a syscheck in a spoiler. From those things I must assume that he is somewhat competent, so as of this time no need to start him from scratch and/or say his problem is because he didn't follow one of our guides.

    But of course, the next post could prove me wrong...LMAO

  6. #346
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,311
    Thanks
    1,803
    Thanked 4,246 Times in 3,571 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    He's got Korean IOS, IOS 80, etc. IOS 70 --- that's a different revision than I'm familiar with. All which suggest his Wii at one point was @ 4.3 --- likely downgraded. Most of his IOS are trucha bugged, which means either manually updated as you say or some tool that streamlined the process (there are several). All I'm saying is it makes things more difficult. You're right in that for a first post, it's a good one though.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  8. #347
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi All.. A little background on this one. We had our Wii for quite a while before we even knew we could play backups and other things like roms, etc. My 18 yr. old son got us up and running and I really don't know how he did it. Things were just fine for a time until we decided we'd like to get a Netflix trial subscription. We installed it and then when the Wii asked me if I wanted to update, I did not knowing it would kill our ability to play our games from then on. My son had moved out and even if he was here, he admitted he wouldn't be able to get it working again. I eventually got it but I'm sure things aren't quite kosher as I really don't know how I got it to work myself. The reason I posted this here today was the CODMW3 issue not working. This has been the first game in a long while that didn't boot right up. I'm sure it's quite a mish mash of errors but I would certainly appreciate any advice given.




    Spoiler




    Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by ufcdave; 11-11-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: wanted to say thanks

  9. #348
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by ufcdave View Post
    Hi All.. A little background on this one. We had our Wii for quite a while before we even knew we could play backups and other things like roms, etc. My 18 yr. old son got us up and running and I really don't know how he did it. Things were just fine for a time until we decided we'd like to get a Netflix trial subscription. We installed it and then when the Wii asked me if I wanted to update, I did not knowing it would kill our ability to play our games from then on. My son had moved out and even if he was here, he admitted he wouldn't be able to get it working again. I eventually got it but I'm sure things aren't quite kosher as I really don't know how I got it to work myself. The reason I posted this here today was the CODMW3 issue not working. This has been the first game in a long while that didn't boot right up. I'm sure it's quite a mish mash of errors but I would certainly appreciate any advice given.




    Spoiler




    Thank you in advance.
    Your softmod is outdated, and you would benefit greatly by following the "softmod any wii" guide.
    Link for that guide in my signature, just click the "Useful Links" spoiler.
    Also, there's a guide for MW3 here-->http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/95...tml#post609091



  10. #349
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile

    Wii is highly outdated..last i remember tinkering with it i was trying to get ea active working for wife with the lil band thingy....jus need a lil help in trying to get it updated..i run everything off external hd and i use usb loader gx...thanks in advance...as im typing this im reading thru the forums

    Spoiler


  11. #350
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Just run through the mod any wii guide to update things...
    Last edited by narse1979; 11-12-2011 at 02:33 AM.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •