Page 325 of 401 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 4001

Thread: Need Help? Post your system check here

  1. #3241
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,174
    Thanks
    1,437
    Thanked 2,544 Times in 1,880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall333 View Post
    I followed a few outdated guides when first attempting to hack my wii. I made a backup of the NAND while on 4.3 with bootmii. Guide mentioned to downgrade to 4.1, so I did successfully, but then it didn't say how to play backed up games. Found another guide that told me to go back to 4.3. So i thought I would just restore the NAND. This semi-bricked the Wii.
    Since then I have followed mauifrogs guide softmod any Wii v12 and read through that recommended link [A basic introduction to wii hacking], so I have a better understanding now. Installed the mentioned ModPack and IOS Update. Updated priiloader from 0.4 to 0.7 and those 30 IOSs. But the system menu still does not work.
    I have backed up Brawl via WiiFlow and played through arcade mode as Samus so that seems to be working at least.

    Please help me fix the System Menu.

    Spoiler

    Follow THIS GUIDE to set your Wii to the correct region.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizka View Post
    I am getting the 'an error occurred, please eject...' error on normal disks and my USB hdd. I have followed the softmod ANY guide.

    Spoiler

    From the syscheck results and your description of the problem, sounds like your drive is dead. USB loading will not work if the drive is completely shot. Solution would be to replace the drive board or the entire drive.

  2. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post


  3. #3242
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    From the syscheck results and your description of the problem, sounds like your drive is dead. USB loading will not work if the drive is completely shot. Solution would be to replace the drive board or the entire drive.
    Bugger.... I was thinking that might be the case. If the Wii is under warranty will it be void after following the guide?

  4. #3243
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    3,205
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizka View Post
    Bugger.... I was thinking that might be the case. If the Wii is under warranty will it be void after following the guide?
    Yes, you voided the warranty when you modded your wii.
    Even if you do take out the soft mod , they will still know as it leaves remnants of the mod.

  5. #3244
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    Follow THIS GUIDE to set your Wii to the correct region.
    Ok I followed the guide but I don't understand. I have an Australian/New Zealand Wii, These Wiis use the EUR System Menu, Which I already have installed. I just installed 4.1E over itself and still get the same corrupt message. Am I missing something here?

  6. #3245
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall333

    Ok I followed the guide but I don't understand. I have an Australian/New Zealand Wii, These Wiis use the EUR System Menu, Which I already have installed. I just installed 4.1E over itself and still get the same corrupt message. Am I missing something here?
    Are you sure that your Wii wasn't an import? Because if it originally used E, then installing the region of the SM would fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  7. #3246
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    Are you sure that your Wii wasn't an import? Because if it originally used E, then installing the region of the SM would fix it.
    Yes I'm sure, We did get the Wii second hand. Its been playing games we bought locally this whole time. Just checked under the Wii to be sure and I see MODEL NO. RVL-001(AUS) on the sticker.

  8. #3247
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Yes, you voided the warranty when you modded your wii.
    Even if you do take out the soft mod , they will still know as it leaves remnants of the mod.
    So things like the following link wouldn't work?

    Remove Softmod From Any Wii
    Last edited by Jax; 01-28-2013 at 04:30 AM. Reason: Replaced Outside Guide With Ours.

  9. #3248
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    3,205
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizka View Post
    So things like the following link wouldn't work?

    Remove Softmod From Any Wii
    There is No way to completely wipe out every little piece of mod/info that you have installed.
    You will always have some remnants of the mod in the wii.

    Please be aware, that out side Guides are not allowed.

  10. #3249
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    standbyman

    Spoiler

    Last edited by nightstah; 01-28-2013 at 05:45 AM.

  11. #3250
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,243
    Thanks
    356
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 873 Posts
    1) Use Spoiler tags when posting syscheck data (cleanup, isle 3249).

    2) Seems you didn't mod your system using our guide. Check the "Softmod Any Wii" guide in my signature and locate ModPack in chapter 2 and install it. If you choose to downgrade to 4.1 as recommended in that guide, be sure to reinstall priiloader.

    3) Without any other context as to why you're posting this, we're not sure what's wrong to give you any more information than "use our guide".

    Click Below for recommended Links


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •