Page 26 of 401 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 4002

Thread: Need Help? Post your system check here

  1. #251
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Guys, have followed the "softmod any WII" guide (i think) correctly and now have HBC and CFG channel.

    I've been having major issues getting usb loader to work and am trying to eliminate potential causes 1 by 1, hence the syscheck post.

    Am trying hard not to be a noob but feel really out of my depth.

    Portable HDD is in the compatible list, attempted FAT32 loading but CFG seems to freeze at the CFG splash screen if HDD is plugged in when loaded, if i plug in HDD after load it gets recognised but sometimes loads and allows playing of games, sometimes freezes at the (90 seconds timeout) screen.

    Next i tried NTSC formatting following the guide and as far as i can tell i have the required CIOS files but could be wrong. same symptom as FAT32 in that it freezes at splash screen or when i plug in HDD. any help would be greatly appreciated as not being able to figure this out is really starting to hurt my brain.

    if its important im using WBM, Win7, and i noticed in the usb-loader config it has ios248 selected, dont know if its important but thought i should mention it.

    Spoiler



    Cheers,
    Guest123

  2. #252
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    What kind of hdd is it?

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  3. #253
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    What kind of hdd is it?
    Verbatim 500GB 62873 USB, 2.5inch

  4. #254
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    is it CFG from the guide?
    Did you follow the FAT32 guide here?
    Is CFG set to load from usb?
    Have you tried a flash drive to see if its just your hdd?

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


  6. #255
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    is it CFG from the guide?
    -> the only changes i made to the WII or SD card are exactly as i read from the MauiFrog SMAW guide (not saying i didnt make a mistake but as far as i can tell its the CFG from the guide)
    Did you follow the FAT32 guide here?
    -> followed this guide http://www.wiih...als-only/64319-fat...g-playing.html
    and then started from scratch and tried it again, then tried this one http://www.w...orials/74934-ntfs-har...ing-redux.html
    havent made any changes based on anything outside those three guides (whether they were correctly implemented i cant say for sure but i tried to be thorough)
    Is CFG set to load from usb?
    -> as in does it boot from USB? i dont think so, i load it from SD. if you mean does it auto load games from USB, im not sure how do i check?
    Have you tried a flash drive to see if its just your hdd?
    -> no, good suggestion, will try this. with all of the full formatting its taken me three 'overnights' to test the HDD 3 times

  7. #256
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by guest123 View Post
    is it CFG from the guide?
    -> the only changes i made to the WII or SD card are exactly as i read from the MauiFrog SMAW guide (not saying i didnt make a mistake but as far as i can tell its the CFG from the guide)
    Did you follow the FAT32 guide here?
    -> followed this guide http://www.wiih...als-only/64319-fat...g-playing.html
    and then started from scratch and tried it again, then tried this one http://www.w...orials/74934-ntfs-har...ing-redux.html
    havent made any changes based on anything outside those three guides (whether they were correctly implemented i cant say for sure but i tried to be thorough)
    Is CFG set to load from usb?
    -> as in does it boot from USB? i dont think so, i load it from SD. if you mean does it auto load games from USB, im not sure how do i check?
    Have you tried a flash drive to see if its just your hdd?
    -> no, good suggestion, will try this. with all of the full formatting its taken me three 'overnights' to test the HDD 3 times
    If you followed krank and ciles guide correctly then it should be fine. your links didnt work so I couldnt check.

    I wasnt talking about the app booting. I was talking about the setting that it loads games from.. You can set it in the CFG global options..

    I recommend following the fat32 guide in my sig (might be the same one) and complete the set up on a usb stick and load 1 game on it to see if it works. You might also want to delete your loader completely including the config data from the sd and re install it.. sometimes v70 is buggy so you can try a lower revision to see if it helps.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  8. #257
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    my bad, shortened the links to make it more readeable, theyre the libnks from the WH useful tutorials sections
    FAT32 http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...g-playing.html
    NTFS http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...ing-redux.html

    could it be something to do with my settings in the "configurator" app thats in the usb-loader folder on my SD?

    OK so im running CFG v65, 8gb kingston data traveller with NTFS loads and plays DK country returns without issue. could a bad or corrup rip result in my symptoms?

    please forgive if this is a stupid question (or if any of the others are for that matter) but when CFG loads it tells me about waninko's 249 being required, is that what this refers to:

    Spoiler


  9. #258
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by guest123 View Post
    my bad, shortened the links to make it more readeable, theyre the libnks from the WH useful tutorials sections
    FAT32 http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...g-playing.html
    NTFS http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...ing-redux.html
    Same as link in my sig
    could it be something to do with my settings in the "configurator" app thats in the usb-loader folder on my SD?
    Not sure on that one...
    OK so im running CFG v65, 8gb kingston data traveller with NTFS loads and plays DK country returns without issue. could a bad or corrup rip result in my symptoms?
    A bad rip could cause freezing but not would not be the cause of cfg not booting.

    please forgive if this is a stupid question (or if any of the others are for that matter) but when CFG loads it tells me about waninko's 249 being required, is that what this refers to:

    Spoiler



    No.. they are different cIOS
    If you followed the any wii guide from start to finish you would have the appropriate loaders for the cIOS you have installed.. did you not download the app pack?

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  10. #259
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i DL and installed the app pack on 31/10 via the softmod guide, (PS i think it was from your sig that I initially found the FAT32 guide so thankyou for keeping good links easily accessible btw)

    The contents of the app pack, and the files required to post the syscheck in my OP are all that is on the SD and it otherwise hasnt been modified since completing the SM guide.

    I have made ~20 rips now (had to do something while waiting for formatting) and i dont know which if any are bad, is it a case of trial and error to test 1 by 1 which games work and which dont?

    and if i come across a game that doesnt work could it be that im using the wrong cios for that game?

    really appreciate you taking the time to help me out here.

  11. #260
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by guest123 View Post

    I have made ~20 rips now (had to do something while waiting for formatting) and i dont know which if any are bad, is it a case of trial and error to test 1 by 1 which games work and which dont?
    yes.. i test each one after I rip it

    and if i come across a game that doesnt work could it be that im using the wrong cios for that game?
    Yes and sometimes some need video patching/ anti 002 or other options enabled/changed.
    .
    No worries. you'll get it taken care of.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •