Page 236 of 401 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 4009

Thread: Need Help? Post your system check here

  1. #2351
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think the wii is just too old and will die soon, dvd rom do strange noise and crash while loading original dvd games sometimes... its possible that mod cause this? i dont think so, everything goes fine while i mod it.
    Last edited by mcbain3030; 07-28-2012 at 10:37 AM.

  2. #2352
    Jax
    Jax is online now
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,650
    Thanks
    3,212
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    No, the mod did not cause it.
    It is the Drive, I would try and find a replacement drive online.

    That wii is worth saving, You have Boot2 installed .

  3. #2353
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi there so after not touching my wii in about 2 years I turned it on and updated the loader and installed hermes and d2x because I saw it was recommended. After this my PAL DBZ tenkaichci 3 stopped working. I searched online and it says it runs off ios21 but apparently I already have that. Any clues as to why and what I should do. Regardless the main thing I'd like to know is if everything is in order with my syscheck. Thanks!

    Spoiler


  4. #2354
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    the Great White North
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Hi mcbain3030,

    It looks like your D2X settings are poor, I would review the "SoftMod Any Wii" guide and reload all your D2Xv7 wads and retry your loader.

    Quote Originally Posted by acrylix View Post
    I've softmodded my Wii using several different guides in an attempt to get this working. I'm at a loss now, and I'm seeking help.

    The most current softmod attempt was done using the guides here, and I've been successful with everything. However, here is where my problem lies - I simply cannot get my FAT32 USB HDD working with any of the USB Loaders (WiiFlow, CFG USB Loader, USB Loader GX, Neogamma...). Previously, I was able to have get it working by unplugging the HDD, running CFG, then plugging the drive back in. Then I read somewhere about changing something or another, and that option no longer worked.

    Currently, my HDD fails initiation, but once again, I can start up the program and THEN plug in the HDD. The problem is now the games refuse to load. Am I missing anything? Here's my SysCheck...

    Spoiler



    Thanks for any help and suggestions.
    It could very well be your fat32 partition, I have had similar problems on one of my machines.

    You want to make sure your usb drive is: Primary Partition, Active Partition and of course MBR not GPT formated as Fat32. Even if all that looks good, sometimes I find an entire reformat with Acronis fixes everything.

    You can play with "diskpart" to accertain this or "Disk Management". I know it's a pain, a real pain but you might try using Aconis under disk management to reformat your entire drive as Fa32 active MBR and reload up your game images using Wii Backup Manger. Bad partition information can make almost all Wii USB Loaders have lots of problems. Been there, done that... You could just load up a single game first as that won't take too long, to test if your on the right track. If all works well, load up the entire usb disk.

    Your Wii sysinfo looks just fine IMO, so I would go down the usb drive route, and recheck your partition/format. Apparently Acronis disk management is the only way to get a 3TB fat32 partition working under a Wii, so it's a good tool in your toolkit
    Last edited by Jax; 07-30-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Merged Posts.

  5. #2355
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok so I just updated to d2x v8 Final. The darn game still doesnt work. I've tried multiple loaders also while messing with the video options. Its just not working out

  6. #2356
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    the Great White North
    Posts
    102
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra350z View Post
    Ok so I just updated to d2x v8 Final. The darn game still doesnt work. I've tried multiple loaders also while messing with the video options. Its just not working out
    I think we need a little bit more info to help you, so...
    1) What kind of error are you getting ? Black Screen, freeze, error code ? IMO, black screen often indicate pal games running on ntsc systems issue, and the force to NTSC often fixes, but it sounds like you have already tried that.
    2) Do any of your other games work ?
    3) Do you get any errors when the loader starts up ?
    3.5) What format is your usb harddrive ? fat32 ?
    4) Did this game image USED To work on your previous mod, and was broken when you updated the mod ? Or did this game image never work ? Because you might want to try a different source if this image never worked.

  7. #2357
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,222
    Thanks
    997
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 888 Posts
    Just went through the softmod ANY Wii guide a couple days ago (trying to fix an error with my Wii....to no avail), anyway I'm just wondering if my SysCheck looks ok. I doubt it's the cause of my particular issue but it'd be nice to get a little feedback on if I have anything I don't need or if I'm missing something I do. Thanks

    Spoiler



    Alternatively, a link...in case I perhaps missed coping a line of text:
    sysCheck #pUEvTLAX

    By the way, my drive date isn't "Unknown", for some reason it says that sometimes. It's actually 2007.

  8. #2358
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Your system check is fine.
    Try reverting back D2x v7 Cios's.-->D2x V7 Wads
    Make sure you have the drive set as Primary and Active.
    What exactly did you do to the Hdd...to make it not work at all?
    Well, before, I had my HDD partitioned as NTFS and wbfs. When it was partitioned that way, it actually worked, and I had no issues. Then I learned I could partition it as FAT32 instead and it'd work, and I chose to go this route for easier backup (I backup on my external, then back up to my laptop because I'm paranoid like that sometimes). When I did that, it stopped initializing the USB HDD, but would let it work if I plugged it in after the initial startup.

    I've formatted and repartitioned the drive again and it's semi-working again. It won't initialize upon start-up, but if I unplug it, wait for start-up, then plug it back in, it works. However, if I reset a game (Home->Reset), it freezes on a black screen and I cannot get anywhere without unplugging the Wii from its power source and plugging it back in. It's an inconvenience to keep doing this, obviously. Any ideas?

  9. #2359
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I swapped a new Wii for one with an old drive to play DVD Video and backup. I updated from 4.2 to 4.3U, HBC 1.1.0, and d2x on 249/250. That's all my new Wiis have. but check out this old stuff left-over. I haven't ever used/needed 202/222/223/224 recently. What's the current recommendations on Trucha? I know it wasn't needed for newer homebrew, nor USB loading. This is Wii #2, and will be used only for disc backups (I want to take 1 GC and 1 Wii backup with me when I travel, and doubling as a DVD video player).

    Spoiler



    Oddly this report says drive date unknown, but when I ran it before the update (on IOS61), it said 2007.02.13.

  10. #2360
    Jax
    Jax is online now
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,650
    Thanks
    3,212
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Just went through the softmod ANY Wii guide a couple days ago (trying to fix an error with my Wii....to no avail), anyway I'm just wondering if my SysCheck looks ok. I doubt it's the cause of my particular issue but it'd be nice to get a little feedback on if I have anything I don't need or if I'm missing something I do. Thanks

    Spoiler



    Alternatively, a link...in case I perhaps missed coping a line of text:
    sysCheck #pUEvTLAX

    By the way, my drive date isn't "Unknown", for some reason it says that sometimes. It's actually 2007.
    Your system check looks fine.
    You could install Cios223[37+38].
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrylix
    Well, before, I had my HDD partitioned as NTFS and wbfs. When it was partitioned that way, it actually worked, and I had no issues. Then I learned I could partition it as FAT32 instead and it'd work, and I chose to go this route for easier backup (I backup on my external, then back up to my laptop because I'm paranoid like that sometimes). When I did that, it stopped initializing the USB HDD, but would let it work if I plugged it in after the initial startup.

    I've formatted and repartitioned the drive again and it's semi-working again. It won't initialize upon start-up, but if I unplug it, wait for start-up, then plug it back in, it works. However, if I reset a game (Home->Reset), it freezes on a black screen and I cannot get anywhere without unplugging the Wii from its power source and plugging it back in. It's an inconvenience to keep doing this, obviously. Any ideas?
    You could check the drive for Corruption by going to the company's site for a program to check it.
    Try replacing the Usb plug to the drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeutronScott
    I swapped a new Wii for one with an old drive to play DVD Video and backup. I updated from 4.2 to 4.3U, HBC 1.1.0, and d2x on 249/250. That's all my new Wiis have. but check out this old stuff left-over. I haven't ever used/needed 202/222/223/224 recently. What's the current recommendations on Trucha? I know it wasn't needed for newer homebrew, nor USB loading. This is Wii #2, and will be used only for disc backups (I want to take 1 GC and 1 Wii backup with me when I travel, and doubling as a DVD video player).

    Spoiler



    Oddly this report says drive date unknown, but when I ran it before the update (on IOS61), it said 2007.02.13.

    Those ios's don't need to be patched at all.
    Your missing some Cios this guide will give you the rest of them.

    Go to the soft mod any wii guide,Link is at the bottom of my Signature.
    Start from Chapter 2.
    Follow it all the way through.
    This will over write everything, you won't need to delete anything.
    Please read the Guide a Few times,then proceed.

    Those ios's don't need to be patched at all.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •