Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: NeoGamma IOS Switcher

  1. #21
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hpennhills View Post
    I just tried using this, but I got an error that reads "Couldn't read Neogamma config." Am I getting that error because I have Neogamma installed as a channel?
    I don't have NeoGamma installed as a channel, I have a forwarder going to the app in my SD card and I'm still having this problem. Am i missing a config.txt file somewhere, the only one I see in the app is the gameconfig.txt file in the NeoGamma folder on the root of the SD.

  2. #22
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    As far as I know it should generate it's own config file if there is not one there. Is your sd card locked? That would prevent neogamma from being able to create one and cause you to get that message.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You skellinator For This Useful Post


  4. #23
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    64
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Config File Error

    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    As far as I know it should generate it's own config file if there is not one there. Is your sd card locked? That would prevent neogamma from being able to create one and cause you to get that message.
    Not locked. I just installed beta48 and I'm going to try again, I don't want to run my cIOS249 on base 56, I installed the rev21d2xv4[56] on IOS 248 rather then have to change my base on cIOS249 all the time. I'll edit with my findings when done.

    Edit: It's no good still says "Initializing SD card... Couldn't open the NeoGamma config file." I'm going to back up and format the SD card and try again.

    I formatted it the SD card and replaced everything I had back on and it's a no go.. at this point I'm going to chuck it as a loss unless Skellinator you or anyone else has any ideas.

    Solution: Well shortly after giving up I had this moment of clarity and decided to mess around with the general options tab in NeoGamma and sure enough one said save config, I changed the value to yes and voila there it was, a neogamma.cfg file inside the NeoGamma folder on the root of the SD card. The IOS switcher worked like a charm after that.

    @ Stomp_442 maybe you can let PabloACZ know about that little bug and he could make a fix for it so that the NG IOS Switcher could generate one like Skellinator said it should.
    Last edited by Poundage; 05-26-2011 at 06:46 AM.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Poundage For This Useful Post


  6. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Well, that's not actually a bug. The application relies on the fact that you already have the NeoGamma.cfg file present in SD:\NeoGamma, which has to be created by NeoGamma itself.

    I'm not a "savvy" coder, so I can't really promise that feature will be included in the app, but I'll look into it.

    P.S.: I'm sorry if I bumped the thread, just wanted to make that clear.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You PabloACZ For This Useful Post


  8. #25
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

    VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Red_Gh0st's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico. Sexyness: 2376
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloACZ
    Well, that's not actually a bug. The application relies on the fact that you already have the NeoGamma.cfg file present in SD:\NeoGamma, which has to be created by NeoGamma itself.

    I'm not a "savvy" coder, so I can't really promise that feature will be included in the app, but I'll look into it.

    P.S.: I'm sorry if I bumped the thread, just wanted to make that clear.
    No need to be sorry pablo. Thanks for the info

    Sent from my iPod touch using the WiiHacks App

  9. 1 User Says Thank You Red_Gh0st For This Useful Post


  10. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hmm, I would like to switch to IOS 224 :P that's where my Black Ops Fix is :/ New uploads coming soon? (I HOPE)

  11. #27
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Just an FYI. Playing Black Ops backup from disc will destroy your dvd drive.
    Better to play from HDD through a USB loader.
    Completely your choice of course, just thought I'd let you know.



  12. #28
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oh is this why my wii is making such a loud scratching noise?? Ok.. Better pull out that terrabyte drive... Wait, do I have to format it? Or can I keep the files on it, and throw on some ISO's on to it?
    Last edited by Vlad781; 10-26-2011 at 10:13 PM.

  13. #29
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad781 View Post
    Oh is this why my wii is making such a loud scratching noise?? Ok.. Better pull out that terrabyte drive... Wait, do I have to format it? Or can I keep the files on it, and throw on some ISO's on to it?

    EDIT: wait a minute.. How did you know I was using a DVD?
    You shouldn't need to format, but there are "fat32", and "NTFS" formatting
    guides you can use if you so wish. You will need to create a WBFS folder
    on your drive, and use a game manager like "Wii Backup Mananger" to transfer
    your games from your PC to your HDD. Or rip your games to the HDD with the
    USB loader of your choice.
    As for your EDIT query, I'm a Mod, and I know everything lol.
    Just kidding, I know because of your post here-->http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tml#post605585



  14. #30
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarlo View Post
    You shouldn't need to format, but there are "fat32", and "NTFS" formatting
    guides you can use if you so wish. You will need to create a WBFS folder
    on your drive, and use a game manager like "Wii Backup Mananger" to transfer
    your games from your PC to your HDD. Or rip your games to the HDD with the
    USB loader of your choice.
    As for your EDIT query, I'm a Mod, and I know everything lol.
    Just kidding, I know because of your post here-->http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tml#post605585

    So all I need to do is make a folder named "WBFS" then put my games in it, and finally run off of backup manager?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •