I know you don't believe your eyes but USB Loader GX v2 is out! A new channel is also out to accompany the new release. You can select to download the All in One Package, only the dol, the channel, whatever you want to do.
USBLoaderGX Easy Installer for windows
USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_2.0.wad
Changelog for USBLoaderGX 2.0:
I read people are having problems with this. This works fine on my Wii! This is my setup.Listing only the important changes since the last stable release r874:
You can find the complete changelog HERE
* Support for all cIOS (up to Hermes 5.1 and Waninkoko r21)
* Support for all IOS slot from 200 to 255.
* Support for WBFS/FAT32/NTFS/Ext2/3/4 with Hermes v5+ and Waninkoko r18+
* Support for multiple WBFS partitions (Hermes v5+ and Waninkoko r18+)
* Support up to 8 partitions to store the boot.dol and datas (config, images, themes, etc.)
* Support drives >1Tb
* Support for Primary/Logical partitions and GUID Partitions Table (GPT).
* Added configuration file version checking. It will reset the old one automatically if important changes occured.
* Added URL to hosting websites (Xbox 360 Theme Depository - Themes for Xbox 360 software and more - Home for theme and Tech Jawa for update files).
* Added screenshot feature while in the loader (Press Z+c).
* Support more sound formats: AIF/MP3/OGG/BNS/WAV now with no file size limit (streaming).
* Support for the new Homebrew Channel (1.0.7+) when exiting the loader.
* Support for the <no_ios_reload/> tag in the meta.xml for AHBPROT enabled with HBC 1.0.7+
* New homebrew launching engine
* New Theme format (Now uses the same format than the language files).
* Per game lock feature for better parental control.
* Choose the sub-directory naming convention when installing a game (Ignored on WBFS partition).
* Select the split size when installing a game: 2GB or 4GB or none.
* BCA files support.
* WIP patch files support.
* Automatic patch for "Prince of Persia: The forgotten sands" (no Wip file needed). (Disable "Return to" option in Prince of Persia preferences)
* Added Wii message board update (Playlog) when exiting a game to the Wii menu.
* Brawl+ support.
* Return to a channel when exiting a game.
* Removed 1:1 install mode, use install all partition instead or use a real dumper if you want a clean dump.
* Changed the default folders layout, now the themes and images folders are sub-folders of the loader (apps/usbloader_gx/themes, etc.)
* Changed the way the Parental control is working and don't read the one from the wii setting anymore. The password is crypted in the config file.
* Now uses the full Wiitdb.xml instead of the user generated file.
HBC 1.0.8 running on IOS58
cIOS249 v17 base 38
cIOS250 v21 base 57 "for black ops"
Last edited by MarkieH; 01-17-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Start fresh dont use anything from your old GX etc and the old themes wont work on the new GX thats been changed also
USB Loader GX v2.0:
Lot's of changes have happened since v1.0. It would be too much to write them all down here.
The full changelog can be found on the website:
Changes - usbloader-gui - Project Hosting on Google Code
Here is a summary:
*FAT/NTFS/EXT2/3/4 game launching support
*Compatibility for all cIOS version of Waninkoko and Hermes
*Return to loader from a running game
*Booting into NTFS/EXT and saving images/configs on them
*No need for a FAT32 partition anymore with new forwarder and a NTFS partition
*Game titles and informations through the WiiTDB (thanks goes to lustar for his great page WiiTDB - Nintendo Wii games database)
*New search bar for searching through games
*Alternative dol support
*Rebuild parental control
*Homebrew launching of almost all homebrews
*Lot's of new IOS slot supports (from 200-255)
*Game banner sounds
*Marking new installed games
*3 different game view layouts
*lots of bugfixes
Last edited by Cile; 01-09-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Keep in mind that if you upgrade all your config files will be reset. It's necessary because of all the great changes, but you might want to save them first. It is possible to convert your favorites and game count manually also.
WOW just played around a bit GX is back everything works...
picks up and loads with fat32 & ntfs...return to works...a lot faster...no problems with any cios19+ & v5+ from any slot
I had bad experience with USB Loader GX v2.
Loader runs nice and smootly but when I launch game from game list, game wont load. Only black screen.
I didnt have any problems with r938 version.
Does anyone have similar problems, and any ideas what causes that?
E1: also r1007 was working ok, when i was testing it.
Last edited by eluc; 01-09-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Thanks for quick answer doncaruana.
I did so. Empty / formated card with apps/usbloader-gx folder on it, and usb loader gx files.
I have tried many times with many ios configs, but still black screen after launching game. I tried to install cIOSx v21, but still no luck.
Been testing this for some time myself, one HUGE bug that's been fixed is the alt-dol loading hang, which I posted about in another thread, but their "solution" was to use CFG Loader. No thanks. It was a bug, and it's been fixed! Among many other bugs, too. Big FU to all the USB Loader GX haters who replied in that thread (and you know who you are), this is a great loader and it's only getting better. Now I have to upgrade everyone I was giving the r1xxx builds to
eluc if you're having problems you must have something mis-configured, this works great for me and many others.
Interesting...i hope the MODS wont dismiss GX anymore. In the past i have seen some vicious remarks about GX. Thats why i went to CFG. I guess i will load this too and give it the old college try.