Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: USB Loader GX - Shaun White Skateboarding Black Screen Issue

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Question USB Loader GX - Shaun White Skateboarding Black Screen Issue

    Hello.

    I have a EUR/PAL Wii with 4.2E version, softmodded by following this guide. The only things different is that I updated HBC to last version (via network), as well as WAD Manager.

    When I try to load this Shaun White Skateboarding game, all I get is a black screen. I was searching the forum and I read some posts that were mentioning I should update my CIOSX to rev20b, but I don't know exactly which CIOS to update (36, 249, which one?).

    I'm sort of a newbie, so forgive me if I am asking a dumb question.

    Thanks in advance for all your help.

  2. #2
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Have a look here. You might find something that helps.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by pplucky View Post
    Hello.

    I have a EUR/PAL Wii with 4.2E version, softmodded by following this guide. The only things different is that I updated HBC to last version (via network), as well as WAD Manager.

    When I try to load this Shaun White Skateboarding game, all I get is a black screen. I was searching the forum and I read some posts that were mentioning I should update my CIOSX to rev20b, but I don't know exactly which CIOS to update (36, 249, which one?).

    I'm sort of a newbie, so forgive me if I am asking a dumb question.

    Thanks in advance for all your help.
    The default is cios 249

    Check this thread out for cios's packed as wads http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...cios-wads.html

    Look in the 249 spoiler.
    Rev 20 base 56 is a good choice...


  4. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post


  5. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    The default is cios 249

    Check this thread out for cios's packed as wads http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...cios-wads.html

    Look in the 249 spoiler.
    Rev 20 base 56 is a good choice...
    Based on the guide I followed:

    Step 5 - Installing cIOS249-rev17

    a) Re-run Homebrew Channel and load cIOS38-rev17 Installer. Choose IOS36 and press A and then choose Network Install (requires wi-fi) or Wad Install (offline) and press A.

    cIOS249 Installed.

    Does this mean I'm using cIOS249 or 36?

    Why do you have 2 IOS, with one as base? Is there any post where I can clarify these n00b questions?

    Thanks in advance.

    Here is my syscheck, as this may help you to help me...

    Spoiler

    Last edited by pplucky; 11-13-2010 at 12:08 PM.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    cIOS 38- rev17

    The 38 is the base ios - rev 17 - Its got nothing to do with 36 - Ios 36 is fakesigned so this allows you to install your cios. The 249 part means that you will install it into slot 249.

    You could have rev 17 installed at 250 if you wanted to.

    Different base ios ie 56,57,38 etc work better with different games.
    Check the recommended setup spoiler in that thread to see what suits you best.

    Also install priiloader to block online and disc updates...
    Last edited by narse1979; 11-13-2010 at 12:23 PM.


  7. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post


  8. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    cIOS 38- rev17

    The 38 is the base ios - rev 17 - Its got nothing to do with 36 - Ios 36 is fakesigned so this allows you to install your cios. The 249 part means that you will install it into slot 249.
    Then why does the tutorial mention Ios 36 in that step? That confuses me...

    Step 5 - Installing cIOS249-rev17

    a) Re-run Homebrew Channel and load cIOS38-rev17 Installer. Choose IOS36 and press A and then choose Network Install (requires wi-fi) or Wad Install (offline) and press A.

    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    You could have rev 17 installed at 250 if you wanted to.
    OK

    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Different base ios ie 56,57,38 etc work better with different games.
    Check the recommended setup spoiler in that thread to see what suits you best.
    Currently I have this setup:
    [cIOS249] Recommended [v17] Default Base [ios38] Wiihacks.com seal of approval

    if I want to change to:
    [cIOS249] Recomended [v20] with [ios56](Works for all games except Grease,Def Jam Rapstar,COD:Black Ops)

    In this case, I would download this file cIOS249[56]-v20.wad and install it with WAD Manager (via HBC). But which IOS should I choose?
    I need to install it also in slot 249 to replace the existing, right?

    Is there any risk of bricking my Wii with this procedure? Any tutorial around that I can follow to these kind of changes?


    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Also install priiloader to block online and disc updates...
    I already have priiloader installed blocking these updates.

    Thanks in advance.

  9. #7
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    36 is the IOS you use to install your cIOS. IOS38 is the base IOS used for cIOS249 (Meaning it is IOS38 patched (has added content) and installed to the 249 slot).

    But which IOS should I choose?
    I need to install it also in slot 249 to replace the existing, right?
    Choose any IOS that is fakesigned. Like IOS36, or if you have a working 249 now then choose IOS249.

    Don't worry about the slot, it will auto install to slot 249 (or 250...depending on which file you use).
    Damn I suck!!!!

  10. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Don't worry about the slot, it will auto install to slot 249 (or 250...depending on which file you use).
    I installed it in slot 250 with success, then went to USB Loader GX, change the game loading slot to 250, run the game again and Black screen. After restarting the Wii, USB Loader GX no longer loads (black screen only).

    I already uninstalled the WAD from slot 250 with WAD Manager, but still USB Loader doesn't work anymore.

    Update: I deleted files gxglobal.cfg and gxgamesettings.cfg files from the CONFIG folder on the SD/USB device and it worked again.

    Still, any idea why this may have happened?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by pplucky; 11-13-2010 at 04:07 PM.

  11. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hey.

    After googling also a bit, I found an amazingly clear explanation here. Maybe it can be helpful for other also.

    At the end, I installed [cIOS249] Recommended [v20] with [ios56] in slot 250 and installed CFG USB Loader, ran the game with cIOS 250 and it worked perfectly.

    Thanks to everyone who helped.

  12. 1 User Says Thank You pplucky For This Useful Post


  13. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy Usbloader gx???

    ok so after spending litterally all day getting this game to work i noticed that updating did the trick but i also had to force ntsc on the pal version to get it to work wierd!!! hope that helps but now my usbloader gx wont work at all it world freeze when i clicked on a game so i uninstalled the channel and cannot reinstall useing any usbloader wads. (config usbloader working fine) but i love gx!!! please help me get it working again getting error code (ret = -1029) thanx in advance - Penguin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •