Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 346

Thread: {Guide} Preparing and Installing USB Loader GX

  1. #331
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi there, if I would like to have my game saves on the USB instead of the Wii internal mem. Am I supposed to change the NAND setting to PARTIAL and then just "copy" the save games to the \usb_1\nanad\ dir?

  2. #332
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    USB Device not found :/

    Okay so i downloaded usb loader gx and put it on my wii successfully. and the app opens, but the only problem is when i open the app, it says usb device not found. my usb is formatted to wbfs format using WBFS manager. i think im doing it right, but the app doesnt wanna open my usb. i even tried putting it in the other usb slot.

  3. #333
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shano56 View Post
    Hey sorry it took so long to get back to u.

    Start by trying to delete your cfg file
    If that doesnt work try updating wiitdb
    Also make sure titles from wiitdb is on in the settings
    I too have the same problem. I followed both the Softmod and Wii + the Fat32 one and the names of my games are not showing up in USB Loader GX at all (however they load fine in Wiiflow).

    Could you please elaborate on how I can try and fix this? How do I update wiitdb?

    Thanks in advance

  4. #334
    New Member isoguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 91 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aab203

    I too have the same problem. I followed both the Softmod and Wii + the Fat32 one and the names of my games are not showing up in USB Loader GX at all (however they load fine in Wiiflow).

    Could you please elaborate on how I can try and fix this? How do I update wiitdb?

    Thanks in advance
    Have you updated your USB loader to the latest version?

  5. #335
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    827
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aab203 View Post
    I too have the same problem. I followed both the Softmod and Wii + the Fat32 one and the names of my games are not showing up in USB Loader GX at all (however they load fine in Wiiflow).

    Could you please elaborate on how I can try and fix this? How do I update wiitdb?

    Thanks in advance
    Make sure you have selected to display the game. There is a little icon up at the top that allows you to select what it displays (depending on the version you have), check the box for wii titles. Also make sure it is looking at the correct partition.

    What rev of gx are you using? There is a new one out that is not official release yet but it's great! 1155 supports Dios Mios lite and the nand emulation is sweet! I just installed it about 10 minutes ago

  6. #336
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isoguy View Post
    Have you updated your USB loader to the latest version?
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I'll have to check and let you know, but it should be the latest official version as far as I'm aware.

    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    Make sure you have selected to display the game. There is a little icon up at the top that allows you to select what it displays (depending on the version you have), check the box for wii titles. Also make sure it is looking at the correct partition.

    What rev of gx are you using? There is a new one out that is not official release yet but it's great! 1155 supports Dios Mios lite and the nand emulation is sweet! I just installed it about 10 minutes ago
    I haven't been able to get the nand emulation to work either. I'll have a re-read of the various tutorials to try and understand how everything works, as I've essentially just been a sheep and followed the instructions to a t, without really grasping what was going on

  7. #337
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    827
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aab203 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I'll have to check and let you know, but it should be the latest official version as far as I'm aware.



    I haven't been able to get the nand emulation to work either. I'll have a re-read of the various tutorials to try and understand how everything works, as I've essentially just been a sheep and followed the instructions to a t, without really grasping what was going on
    The nand emulation works, just extract the nand with gx. Once you do that then you have to change the settings for it to run the emulated nand. HERE is a link to rev 1155, its not a final release but I really like it. Try it out!

  8. #338
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    The nand emulation works, just extract the nand with gx. Once you do that then you have to change the settings for it to run the emulated nand. HERE is a link to rev 1155, its not a final release but I really like it. Try it out!
    What I would love to be able to have is have a channel for each VC console (i.e. a channel for NES games, one for SNES etc), rather than having a whole bunch of mixed games on one folder. Is this feasible and would this still work with GX / Wiiflow etc?

  9. #339
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    827
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aab203 View Post
    What I would love to be able to have is have a channel for each VC console (i.e. a channel for NES games, one for SNES etc), rather than having a whole bunch of mixed games on one folder. Is this feasible and would this still work with GX / Wiiflow etc?
    it will be soon if it it not now. i have not had a chance to mess with it a lot but that is the direction they are going with it. With the rev i posted you can install wads to the emulated nand, so if they weren't there when you did the original extraction you can add them. HERE is a screenshot of what I think you mean.

  10. #340
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    it will be soon if it it not now. i have not had a chance to mess with it a lot but that is the direction they are going with it. With the rev i posted you can install wads to the emulated nand, so if they weren't there when you did the original extraction you can add them. HERE is a screenshot of what I think you mean.
    Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of THIS - One channel for each console effectively. I would really like to have my Wii home screen to have a channel for NES, a channel for SNES etc. That way I can just click on the channel and then choose a game from that console. I would like it to be driven by the NAND emulation rather a rom emulator (if that makes sense).

    My ideal set of channels would be:
    - Disk Channel for my hard Wii games
    - Wiiflow / USB Loader GX channel(s) for my backups on HDD
    - Various Console channels for my VC backups on HDD (or SD if more appropriate).

    Is this something than can be configured with the available mods / software currently out?

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •