I take no credit for any of this. All I’ve done is pieced together info from all over various sites. Mostly just copied and pasted, and would like to say thanks to all those that made this possible.
- You will be able to load all your games from usb loaders such as Wiiflow
- You will save Wii NAND space. Everything will run from your device.
- You will be able to add cheat codes to your games.
- You will be able to run your games in other Wii consoles.
Corsario batch (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service) (Thanks to sr_corsario for this)
nand-tools (nand-tools.zip) (Thanks to
ShowMiiWads_1.3b (Downloads - showmiiwads - Project Hosting on Google Code)
triiforce_mrc_v7_AUTOUSB_by_marc.dol (MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service) (Thanks to marc_max)
WBFS Manager 2.5 (No link I’m sure your favorite will do)
WiiScrubber (Comes in Corsario batch)
Getting a nand dump:
Using your nand is good because it free's up room on your system and you can store much more needed info and don't have to worry about messing up your real nand. I couldn't use the backup from SFSD and had to use bootmii to get a good backup of my nand. I also noticed (like others) that the backup from bootmii is much bigger than the one from SFSD.
1 - Dump nand with bootmii, you will get "nand.bin"
2 - Run nand-aes-dump.exe and it should extract your AES key from your nand.bin into a file called nand-key.bin
3 - Proceed by opening the cmd.lnk and a command prompt should pop up
4 - In command prompt type --> "NAND-bin2raw.exe nand.bin nand_dec.bin" (without quotes) and press enter. It should start the decrypting process and you should now have 2 bin files: and encrypted and decrypted nand dump.
5 - Now comes to final part extracting all data from bin!
Now type in that command prompt "zestig.exe nand-key.bin nand_dec.bin nand" (without quotes) and press enter. It should have decrypted everything and placed it into a new folder called nand.
NOTE: I couldn't get wad2nand to work properly for me but apparently it works too. I'm pasting the ShowMiiWads method as this is the only way I myself was able to get it to work.
You will need to use a program like ShowMiiWads to install games to the nand. This can be done by:
1. In ShowMiiWads, go to the Options menu and select Change NAND Backup Path.
2. Navigate to where the nand folder (from step 5 above) is located, select it and press OK.
3. You should see a long list of everything that is in the nand backup listed. I recommend not messing with any of these files!
4. Go to the tools menu then select Create common key.
5. Click on the View menu and select ShowMiiWads. (To get back to the nand view, go to the view menu and select ShowMiiNand.)
6. Click on the File menu and select Open Folder.
7. Navigate to where you have your wad files located and press OK. You may have to wait a bit for the program to load up the list of wads if you have a lot.
8. Select the game you want to install in the list, right click on it and select Extract then To NAND.
Done! Now if you go to the ShowMiiNand view, you will see the game listed at the bottom of the list.
Copy all of the files in the NAND folder (created in step 5) onto the root of your SD/USB
1ST PART IS DONE YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE A NANDFOLDER WITH ALL YOUR WADS INSTALLED.I'VE GOT MY COPY OF NAND ON USB AS I USE A USB DRIVE FOR ALL MY FILES. DON'T USE SD AT ALL.
Creating your Iso Forwarders:
Extract the Corsario batch file, you'll have some folders and a forwarder me batch file.
Put all the wads you want in the wad folder and double click the bat file.
1. Pick your system (only do one wad system at a time so don't mix wads in wad folder)
2. Pick 2. WAD mode (Get ID's and game names from WAD's)
After the batch file is done you'll have the files in Corsario batch\Forwarders\folder. Copy all the ID.dol files into /usb/Forwarders/N64/ (this was an example if you’ve done Snes folder will be Snes not N64). This directory needs to be right. So put your .dol files in the proper directories.
Next you will open up wiiscrubber and load the iso's you got from the batch file, which are located in the Fowarders/(system)/isos/ folder and replace the main.dol with the idmain.dol for the iso you have loaded.
After you are done replacing the main.dol. Just use wbfs manager and upload the iso's as you would normally with any backup.
Now on your hard drive you should also have Triiforce. As the iso's created are just forwarders and use Triiforce to launch.
I've downloaded the TriiForce_beta7 and replaced the dol with triiforce_mrc_v7_AUTOUSB_by_marc.dol.
Keep in mind I don't use a sd card all my files are on usb. I have a 500 gig split in half and use 250 as a wbfs drive for games and the rest for movies and whatnot.
UPDATE: I have not been able to get usb loader gx working, however (member) TutenStain seems to have got it working with this guide.
UPDATE: If people would like screen shots as I"m not good at explaining feel free to let me know and I"ll make a complete guide..At the moment most of this was just slapped together to help others out.
Many thanks to