beatles rock band set and other rock band games.. Help..
I bought a Beatles band kit that works well. Then I took the backup copies of Rock Band 1 & 2 plates. Games works fine, but the game controls did not work..Yes the lights comes on to play drums and guitar(game controllers, the 4 lights are off, but the contact is lit).., but only mic you can use the new game. What's wrong? Software is a 4.2 and I use Backup Loader.
Sorry my language..
Am having the same problem!
- I'm using Neogamma r7 on 4.1U, and using cIOS38 rev14 on IOS 249 (if i remember correctly)
- Both Original and Backup copy of Beatles work, all instruments work as well (I just need to do a game reset to make them work though)
- For Rockband 2 (Backup), guitar and drums light up (steady lights meaning synced, right?). But only the microphone is detected by the game. When I try to restart the game (home button->reset OR reset button), I go back to the wii home screen.
I've been going through the forums (and the "So your Rock Band instruments won't work?") but I can't seem to find the exact solution for this.
This site really helped me to play Beatles.. Rockband 2 is the final frontier (for now).
Could anyone please help? Thanks!
This part assumes you have The Homebrew Channel already! If you don’t know what or how to install Wii Homebrew, Google it.
NOTE: If you have a mod-chip, you probably don’t need to worry about this section, just boot the disc as you normally would. If it doesn’t work with your chip, try the steps.
Soft-Chip (not needed if choosing channel version)
cIOS Installer - get file here - http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...wont-work.html
but dont follow the thread as it didnt help me. ( just download the file cios installer)
Files are in the cIOS Installer readme.
For cIOS37 offline installation you need these files:
in this folder on your sd card: /00000001/00000025/v2070/
Optional Files (If Installing Channel Version):
Soft-Chip Channel Version By Mrkinator
1) Go to your SD Card (in “My Computer”).
2) On the root of your SD Card, create a folder called 00000001. Inside that, create a folder called 00000025. Inside that, create a folder called v2070. Inside that, put all 17 files of IOS37 in it.
This is the structure in the end (X:\ being your SD Card) X:00000010000025\v2070
3) Go back to the Root of your SD
4) Go to the apps folder (make one if you don’t already have). Make a “Soft-Chip cIOS Installer” (without quotes) folder inside the apps folder. Put the “cios_installer.dol” in that folder and rename it to “boot.dol” (without quotes)
Optional: If you want the channel version, skip steps 5 and 7. Go to step “Channel Version”NOTE: USE THE LATEST CIOS INSTALLER,DON'T USE THE ONE FOUND IN MY CHANNEL PACK
5) Go to the SoftChip.zip and copy SoftChip folder inside it (the one with the boot.dol, icon.png and meta.xml inside it). Go back to the apps folder and paste the SoftChip folder.
6) Pop your SD Card in your Wii and go to The Homebrew Channel. Boot up the cIOS installer. Use the D-PAD left or right to change it to this:
“Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232”. **make sure its not ios 249 **
Then click A
7) Once it’s done installing, go to SoftChip in The Homebrew Channel. Make sure you boot under IOS 232 (follow the instructions it says.) Pop in your disc and press A.
YOU’RE DONE!! Enjoy Rock Band Customs
1) Put the channel wad in the WAD folder (Wad folder on the root of your SD, If it’s not there, make it.)
2) Put the WAD Manager in the Apps Folder
3) Do step 7 above
4) Go to WAD Manager in The Homebrew Channel.
5) Install the Channel. Go back to the Wii Menu
6) Go to the “Rock Band Launcher” or “soft-chip channel Channel” and click start. Make sure your Rock Band Custom Disc in. then load it as IOS232 , so Click A.
Game's Language - Auto Force
Patch Country Strings - Disabled
Set Video Mode using - Disc Region
Autoboot - Disabled
Silent - Disabled
Logging - Disabled
Remove 002 Protection - Disabled
Fake IOS version - Enabled
Load Requested IOS - Disabled
Last edited by zen200; 10-14-2009 at 01:01 AM.
1 User Says Thank You zen200 For This Useful Post
I'll see if that works tonight when I get home, and I'll update you on my status.
I have try that and that not help me. I donīt know what i can do now.. I have try to find Rock Band launcher but my filmware (4.2) is too new and that not work either.
marki1198, have you tried just using the thread above and just using softchip r99 and not rock band specific channel ?
Whether for the Homebrew softchip or the softchip-channel, what happens is this:
1. I run softchip (it loads fine)
2. I can't choose to boot under IOS 232 (clicking the + won't work)
3. When I try to boot under IOS 249, the screen turns black and hangs. When I press the home button, hexadecimals and numbers appear (hang).
Does this mean I just have a corrupt .dol or WAD for softchip? or does softchip need any cIOS's or IOS's?
I finally got it to work!
1- Uninstalled Softchip R44 using WAD Manager and the original Softchipr44.wad which I used to install it
2- Install SoftchipR99.wad using wad manager
3- ran softchip using IOS232 (since I installed IOS37 on IOS232), with "Fake IOS" enabled.
har har har!
Thanks for your help guys
Hi guys now this is likely to hack some of you clever people off but I couldn't find where to ask my questions ok and yes I'm dumb ....I ve bought the rock band instruments for the PS2 what I'd like to know is how would I also be able to use them on the Wii ..If anyone's got sensible answers please let me know ..Thanks
Originally Posted by derbyed
Ps2 instruments are for a ps2.
Wii instruments are for a Wii.