i reloaded it and that still didn't work. i then tried usb cfg loader 6.2a and am happily seeing the title screen and am just starting metroid prime1. haven't tried loading the other ones but am just happy to be playing at least one. who'd a thunk it was the loader....
Sorry to ask what is probably a dumb question but is
cIOS38 rev13b Installer
necessary for the Hard method? I don't see any step in the process that includes it, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use it. Is it simply necessary to put it in my WADs on my SD card or something?
(sorry, new to this, haven't even finished soft-modding the wii yet, but I'm trying to also get metroid prime trilogy working at the same time)
This game is a dual layer disc. If you're following a current wiihacks tutorial, it'll install Rev 17 in the softmod you are performing. That version and IOS 222 (aka Hermes IOS) V4 will work for this game. Don't get ahead of yourself, it's not a good idea since you say you've not even completed the softmod.
Played through MP1 and MP2, got 100% scans and pickups on both (didn't know I was playing on Veteran mode though... it was surprisingly easy), and tried to load MP3, but like many have reported on this thread, I didn't have any luck with it. Soo I tried going back to the game's main menu by using the Default .dol, but it said "Please insert the Metroid Prime Trilogy disc" or whatever... which was the same problem I'd had with MP3 (I didn't have a disc in the disk tray at the time).
Figured I'd just put in a disc and see if that would make it load somehow, and it did without any problems. Went back to MP3 to try it with the same method, but since I now had a game (was Opoona, but I don't think that matters) in the disc tray, it left me with a blank black screen. I ejected the disc, and the "Insert Metroid Prime Trilogy disc" message came up again. I then put the disc back in and the game loaded perfectly with no glitches.
Hopefully this will help people play MP3 off of the trilogy when using a USB launcher... idk.
Just to clarify, I used the standard settings described in the first post and loaded the backup with USB Launcher GX. Had 002 fix on, IOS 222, and select a .dol.
That said, would be great if someone could figure out a way to load the trilogy via a USB loader through the game menu and all that, even if it's not likely to happen. Being able to play multiplayer, have multiple save slots, choose difficulties and whatnot would be nice... just sayin'.
Last edited by cotton3434; 12-24-2010 at 11:08 AM.
This is the only method that work at 100%
But will only with the DVD9 no scrubbed DVD5, external hard drive iso or USB key iso.
- Wii on version 4.3.
- cIOS38rev20 on slot 249.
- Neogamma R9 b47.
- The actual game. ( R9 version / Dual Layer ONLY ! )
How to :
- Launch Neogamma and run the game, when it ask something choose "Main Menu".
- Press "+" to cancel the video then "A" to go in the menu, now create your save game on slot 1.
- Press Home and go back to the Wii Menu.
- Launch Neogamma and run the game again, but this time when it ask something choose "Metroid Prime 1, 2 or 3".
- Once the game has loaded it might give you this error:
The Game Disc could not be read, Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for details.
- Press Eject on the Wii, take the DVD out and put it back in.
- The game load. ( it might take a few tries but it will, just redo last step if it don't )
- Have Fun !
Goods: Work for all 3 games bug free !!!
Cons: Can only have 1 save file / Can't play at Normal, Veteran only / Only Work with DVD9
Note : At any time the game may give you the same error you got when you launched the game, if it happen just eject the DVD and put it back in. ( do it until it load ) Also I found that Metroid Prime 3 might be harder to load since it's on the second layer. If it doesn't load, use a different dual layer DVD to burn the game. ( that's because you bought a too cheap disc )
Last edited by firefibun; 12-27-2010 at 09:54 AM.
My fix is more or less the same thing, but with a USB loader and external hard drive instead. Can't say for certain if will work for 100% of people (probably not, judging by the amount of problems posted thus far), but still. Was a pretty easy fix.
Last edited by cotton3434; 12-24-2010 at 11:10 AM.
PS: Just happy that there 2 workings ways ( 1 by dvd and 1 by usb )
Last edited by firefibun; 12-27-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that yes you will need the cIOS38 rev* to make any game work since it's that, that make the Wii able to read backups. If you check Google or here, i'm pretty sure you can find a easy way to softmod your Wii. Also note that there is a lot of ways to softmod your Wii... However this one usually always work fine...
Material Needed :
- A Wii. ( white version only, not red or black )
- A 2 GB Scandisk Wii SD card. ( other SD card might work, but this 1 as made his proofs )
- A way to connect to Internet with your Wii. ( wireless or with an LAN to USB adapter )
Here what you basicly need ( essential ) :
- A game or Banner Bomb depeding on what version is your Wii. ( 4.3 = there 3 games / 4.2 and lower = Banner Bomb )
- Hackmii installer 0.8. ( BootMii Beta 6 (1.3) / Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 ) ( to install everything and make backup )
- Trucha Bug Patch. ( to be able to install cIOS )
- cIOS38 rev20 installer. ( to be able to play lastest backup games aka. Donkey Kong Returns or Epic Mickey. Game like that, that just came out... rev14 will not do )
Not essential but recommanded depending on your situation :
- Mios rev05 installer. ( install the version 0.10 to be able to play lastest Gamecube games )
- Hermes cIOS v5.1. ( if you have Guitar Heros instruments, you will need that to make your instrus. works )
- Priiloader 0.5 final. ( this is to backup your Wii Nand if you couldnt install BootMii as BOOT2 ( you could only install it as an IOS ) )
*** Priiloader 0.5 have a glitch if you use the installer to uninstall it, your Wii will brick. There a way to remove it safely if you check Google ***
To play backups, you can ask around there a few ways to do it... By DVD or by USB. ( hard drive or USB key )
If you go the DVD way, I would recommand: Neogamma R9 b47.
If you go the USB way, I would recommand USB Loader GX r935 (stable) or r1012 (beta). *** i'm using DVD's so might be better ask around if you use that ***
Note: you can only play Gamecube games via DVD's and you will need this: Wii GameCube Backup Launcher 0.3 by Attila. ( Neogamma Gamecube launcher 1.3 is not working with cIOSrev20 / MIOSrev05 v0.10 somehow, I dont know why though )
PS: Check what you did so far and do the rest ... If you still need help and not sure what to do even with tutorials... PM me, i'll try to help you out the best I can. ( don't try to softmod your Wii if your not sure, would be sad to waste $150 )
Last edited by firefibun; 12-27-2010 at 09:55 AM.