Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: How to get Rock Band instruments Mic and USB Loader!

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im currently using cIOS38 rev13 as ios 249 and all my games run fine, even rockband, i just cant get it to recognise my guitar. The hub lights up but goes off when i try to sync
    222 and 223 bth give a black screen, i installed both using ios 36 merged with 37. Maybe its a PAL only problem

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've got the same problem on my PAL wii. Been trying for ages to get microphones recognised in RB and GH, but this method just gives me black screen with Rock Band and says mic is still not recognised in all my Guitar hero games..

    At least I can play Rock Band (minus the mic) though, must suck for you to be able to run the game but not be able to play.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dragon View Post
    I've got the same problem on my PAL wii. Been trying for ages to get microphones recognised in RB and GH, but this method just gives me black screen with Rock Band and says mic is still not recognised in all my Guitar hero games..

    At least I can play Rock Band (minus the mic) though, must suck for you to be able to run the game but not be able to play.
    I let Guitar Hero Metallica update my Wii, i did a search and couldn't find where it would update my firmware on NTSC-U (and I'm still on 3.2U), not sure about PAL update. To get mic working (I plug in mic before starting game) on Metallica and Smash Hits, you don't even need an instrument, just sync a remote and don't connect it to an instrument, if using an instrument then sync an extra remote and don't connect it to an instrument. On World tour you need at least two instruments connected (with remotes) and one remote connected without an instrument, so for World Tour you need at least 3 remotes to use a mic.

    The black screen must be something else, maybe you're missing an IOS.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 06-28-2009 at 07:59 PM.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xynergy View Post
    Just stumbled on this information today and it was new to me so I thought I would share it with the rest of you.

    I'm assuming all of you following this already have homebrew if not find a tutorial to get homebrew installed.

    First acquire the files:
    ULoader and Hermes 223 IOS Files

    I prefer USB Loader GX or use the Hermes one packaged above.

    Then Unzip the CIOSInstaller folder from Hermes to the apps folder of the Wii SD Card.

    Select the cios installer from Homebrew channel and install 222 I selected ios 37 with ios 36

    Rerun the install and install 223 here I also selected 37 with 36

    (Im pretty sure when you do 223 you have to select 37 with 36 to get RB instruments not sure about the 222 install but, so far it seems to work)

    And also install whichever USB loader you desire to use.

    If you choose USB Loader GX you must tell it to use 222 in the set up menu.

    Those are the only USB loaders at this time that support these CIOSes (I think).

    Then it worked for me... If you have any questions, I will try to answer them.
    Heck yeah.... I knew it could be done......

    It must load the USB loader with 222

    BUT

    The game needs to be set to load with 223

    then

    Viola - All Rock Band instruments work with the loader

    I tested this procedure with Rock Band and Rock Band 2

    Works perfectly

  5. 4 Users Say Thank You to 500gigWiiHacker For This Useful Post


  6. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 500gigWiiHacker View Post
    Heck yeah.... I knew it could be done......

    It must load the USB loader with 222

    BUT

    The game needs to be set to load with 223

    then

    Viola - All Rock Band instruments work with the loader

    I tested this procedure with Rock Band and Rock Band 2

    Works perfectly
    I got the rockband instruments to work with rockband 2 (the guitar at least), but I haven't been able to get the guitar to work for world tour. I have USB LOADER GX running at 222, with the game set to run at 223. I know you were talking about Rock Band, and I have the GH guitar, but I was trying to see if I could get the RB drums to work on GH.

    Thanks

    Edit: After attempting to work with WT and loading from the uloader once, RB2 now sits at black screen with 222 loader and 223 game. Hmm will report in
    Last edited by xxxkrew; 06-30-2009 at 12:56 AM.

  7. #16
    New Member Xynergy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    84
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 19 Times in 8 Posts
    Remember though that once you load a game from the USB Loader you must completely power off the Wii then power back on. The will not load two consecutive games from HDD without power off. Not sure if that will solve the black screen problems.

    Anyways, mine is still working perfectly since I posted this thread.

  8. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxkrew View Post
    I got the rockband instruments to work with rockband 2 (the guitar at least), but I haven't been able to get the guitar to work for world tour. I have USB LOADER GX running at 222, with the game set to run at 223. I know you were talking about Rock Band, and I have the GH guitar, but I was trying to see if I could get the RB drums to work on GH.

    Thanks

    Edit: After attempting to work with WT and loading from the uloader once, RB2 now sits at black screen with 222 loader and 223 game. Hmm will report in
    Yeah... Uhhh... The only rockband instrument you can play with GH is the mic...

    With USB Loader GX
    Rock Band 1 and 2 now works with
    Guitar(RockBand) - Drums(RockBand) - And Microphone(RockBand)

    Guitar Hero III only supports Guitar Hero Guitar (Which I use an Aerosmith Guitar from guitar hero aerosmith, from Gamestop NEW for $29.99 with free shipping)(Full aerosmith package)
    Guitar Hero Metallica - Guitar Hero Guitar & Microphone(Rockband) - I assume it I had the GH Drums they would also work
    Guitar Hero Smash Hits & World Tour Same as Metallica

    It would be nice if the instruments would work on both series of games(GH & RB) But they dont even work without modifications and using originals

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Xynergy View Post
    Remember though that once you load a game from the USB Loader you must completely power off the Wii then power back on. The will not load two consecutive games from HDD without power off. Not sure if that will solve the black screen problems.

    Anyways, mine is still working perfectly since I posted this thread.
    I fixed the problem of having to turn off the Wii each time I want to play a game. I reinstalled cIOS36 rev10. I have USB Loader CFG, and set all my guitar hero games to boot with IOS 222-mload. I really don't like that cIOS rev13. And got my daughters Sing It to work the same way, boot with IOS 222-mload.

  10. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you're missing a step that i didnt quite understand though. before choosing what IOS, err cIOS..mIOS[whatever..], it didnt give 222 or 223 at first. the choices for 'Selcted IOS for Install' were 4, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 22, 28, 30, 31, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 50, 51, 53, 55, 60, 61, 249, and 250. from here i chose IOS37[not sure if thats correct or not, eek!], then chose cIOS 222(default). after that, when everything was done, at the bottom it was BAD HASH. then the 2nd time i did the same thing, except that in the beginning, i chose IOS36 *unsure..* so..yah @_@ i really need help what to do here, at least just for the beginning part cause everything else i can sorta follow.

  11. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    33
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    AHHHHH! DAMN IT ALL!!! ok selected an IOS249 to install, after that did everything else what the OP said to do for 222 and 223. but now later when i switch usb ports a couple times, i keep on getting this DAMNED 'no USB device' or something and then gives me this stupid countdown...AGH!!! help me PLEASE!!! im going fxkn insane!!!! @_@

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •