Retired WiiHacks Staff
NeoGamma is a modification of WiiGator's Gamma backup loader, get R4 here, it's a must have for DVD-R loading and loads from usb too, if you want it as a channel download here (banner, logo, icon)
New animated channel with facelift R4, animations by edselink, facelift by WiiShizzza, wad by me (changed music/.dol): Download - preview a few posts down
R3 - > R4:
- Changed how the game entries are sorted
- Added IOS Reload when trying to mount a wbfs device (from 7th try on) to increase compatibility with enclosures and HDDs
- Changed sd and sdhc card handling, hopefully fixed the corruped config file bug with this
- Refuse to load a config with 1 or more option out of range
- Moved game selection to main menu
- Added option to load alternative .dol from sd card
- Applying main.dol patches only to main.dol now
- Added hooktype "none"
- Moved all file access on sd card to the folder "NeoGamma", loading Ocarina works from both NeoGamma/codes and codes.
- Added Anti 002 fix. This reverts the 002 main.dol patch. NOT TESTED! This also might do something else too.
Gamma - > NeoGamma R3:
- Ported to the new libogc
- Warning before memory card in slot 2 is accessed as usb gecko
- Auto Force Language option added, it forces english for games with region 'E'(NTSC-U) and japanese for games with region 'J'
- Moved memory stuff before the apploader. Now Red Steel and SSX should be working. (they still (try to) load their IOS themselves)
- Writes the Game ID Address(0x80000000) now into the memory at 0x80003184. Now Sam & Max and FarCry should be working. (they still (try to) load their IOS themselves)
- Save configuration to sd card
- Added Country String Patching (mostly helpful for japanese users with US and PAL games)
- Load Ocarina from SDHC and USB(when encountering problems, try the different strange options, using IOS61 is only compatible if NeoGamma was compiled with a libogc compatible with it like libogc SVN)
- Added option to patch video modes
- Added video modes that can be forced(MPAL) / Changed to use slightly different video modes
- Fake IOS Version in memory (this removes the 002 error)
- Changed to Graphics by: xabarasx
- Added SD/USB Loading
- does not load from usb with the cIOSrev12, but that's a bug in the cIOS
- with cIOSrev12 some games return 001 error, also a bug in the cIOS
- the rebooter only works on very few system menu versions (maybe only 3.2)
- the rebooter is not compatible with preloader
- the rebooter is broken in new cIOS(rev10+?)
Credit and thanks to Wiipower
Last edited by ModderMan; 06-27-2009 at 09:48 AM.
31 Users Say Thank You to Dogeggs For This Useful Post
Nice job and as a channel as well, thanks man!
Yeah great job, and thanks for putting it in a channel as well
Cheers, works perfectly after installing cIOS38rev13 to play MySims Racing. Funny - took ages and feels great to get it working, but what a rubbish game! Oh well...
ive got this new launcher in the homebrew Chanel showing up with its groovy icon, but is there any way to make the neogamma launcher show up in the wii channels like the old backup launcher does?
Originally Posted by general714
great that i can now play indy and sims racing but its not much better than pogracer lol.
1 User Says Thank You brisk82 For This Useful Post
Originally Posted by brisk82
Just unzip the files above into the wad folder (I think) and install using wad manager and hey presto the channel will be there. That's what I did and it works a treat!
Retired WiiHacks Staff
just tested new animated channel with facelift neogamma R4 - music has been changed! Works great... Download in first post.
Originally Posted by Demo777
Thanks for the advice will give it a try when i get home from work :|
Will this work for FW 4.0? Also is there a version that you can run of the memory card? I don't trust .wad files because I don't want to brick my Wii. (no bootmii at startup )
wad files are just as fine as ios' are... if you're willing to run something called the 'bannerbomb' i think you can run a trusted wad from this site, where there aren't many scammers posting up bad files to brick your wii. its the torrent sites and the likes you g2 watch out for, i would trust files posted here.
i just installed it, the new animated one that the video shows. i like the music! just an opinion, but when the music loops there's a small delay, other than that it looks very professionally done, bravo.
1 User Says Thank You JohnnyHacksAlot For This Useful Post