Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: configurable usb loader v70 and up does not run any games

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Question configurable usb loader v70 and up does not run any games

    I've been using my 4.0U wii (which was a 4.0K before but thats a different story) with Configurable Usb Loader v69 for a long time. I also own a fat32 formatted WD 500GB HDD to store my wii games. A few days ago i decided to update my CFG loader to use DIOS MIOS with it as i have heaps of gamecube games that i want to play(which i couldnt play but its also a different story). After the update all i got from CFG LOADER 70 was a blank screen. What may be the cause of it? any ideas? Also i can not use any usb loaders except neogamma and cfg v69 as the other loaders can not detect my hdd. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,241
    Thanks
    1,467
    Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,908 Posts
    It could be a cIOS issue. Most of the latest loaders require d2x cIOS if I recall correctly. Post a syscheck, there is a how-to guide below in my sig.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    It could be a cIOS issue. Most of the latest loaders require d2x cIOS if I recall correctly. Post a syscheck, there is a how-to guide below in my sig.

    Thanks cjizzle for the quick reply. I followed the guide in your sig and here is the file called sysCheck.csv. I have 2 problems :

    1) The new version of the configurable usb loader does not work.
    2) No gamecube games work.(with DIOS MIOS with the "not functioning" usb loader (suprise, suprise))

    I'd be grateful if i can get feedback on my problems. Thank you.


    Spoiler

    Last edited by mymoon; 01-28-2013 at 08:50 AM.

  5. #4
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,370
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 907 Posts
    If you only have v70, that was before DML was a thing, much less DM.

    You'll want to update to the latest version, v70r51 (link in my signature).

    It also seems that you are missing a number of cIOS files and lack Priiloader. Go through Chapter 2 of "Softmod Any Wii" (also in my signature) to fix that. Updating to menu 4.1 is optional, but priiloader is not.

    Also not as important, but the latest DM is 2.6. (guess where the link to that is )

    Click Below for recommended Links


  6. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post


  7. #5
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    3,216
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mymoon View Post
    Thanks cjizzle for the quick reply. I followed the guide in your sig and here is the file called sysCheck.csv. I have 2 problems :

    1) The new version of the configurable usb loader does not work.
    2) No gamecube games work.(with DIOS MIOS with the "not functioning" usb loader (suprise, suprise))

    I'd be grateful if i can get feedback on my problems. Thank you.


    Spoiler

    Your ios 58 is outdated and your Homebrew channel is running off of ios 38 when it should be ios 58 ver 6176.
    also like llaffer said your cios's are out dated as well.
    Follow the Soft Mod Any Wii Guide.
    Please read the guide a few times , before proceeding.
    Start from the spoiler that says, "Soft Mod With Homebrew Channel Installed".

  8. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Thanks llaffer for the reply. i updated the cfg usb loader with the update option that it has. Mine is V70r51 too. I was just reading the "Softmod any wii" guide while waiting for an answer. Priiloader is a must have and i know that i am lacking one. I am just not sure about the step that i must take first while "updating" my wii. The guide is clear enough but should i start from the first part (Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed) or should i start from the second part? Your answer made that part clear. Will Updating to menu 4.1 have any advantages? Guess not. Wow 2.6 is out? I missed that. thanks again. (Let me read this guide once again...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    Your ios 58 is outdated and your Homebrew channel is running off of ios 38 when it should be ios 58 ver 6176.
    also like llaffer said your cios's are out dated as well.
    Follow the Soft Mod Any Wii Guide.
    Please read the guide a few times , before proceeding.
    Start from the spoiler that says, "Soft Mod With Homebrew Channel Installed".
    Thanks Jax. I am starting from the first chapter then


    I'll be re-modding my wii tonight following the guide and i just have one question remaining. My wii is a korean but a 4.0U wii. While choosing the system menu which one should i install?
    System Menu-4.1u-449 - USA or System Menu-4.1K-454 - Korea?
    Last edited by mymoon; 01-29-2013 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Merged Posts...

  9. #7
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    3,216
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Your Welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mymoon
    Will Updating to menu 4.1 have any advantages?
    Quote Originally Posted by Soft Mod Guide
    Installing System Menu 4.1 enables region free with modchips and allows you to use bannerbomb should you ever need to. There are also a few brick fixing options available with SM 4.1 that are not available with 4.2 or 4.3.
    Please use the Edit button when you want to add more info or to ask another question.
    Last edited by Jax; 01-28-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added More..

  10. #8
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,370
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 907 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mymoon View Post
    I'll be re-modding my wii tonight following the guide and i just have one question remaining. My wii is a korean but a 4.0U wii. While choosing the system menu which one should i install?
    System Menu-4.1u-449 - USA or System Menu-4.1K-454 - Korea?
    If your system is currently U (North American Region), then use the 4.1u file. You are not changing regions this time. So treat it as it always was a North American unit.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  11. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post

    Jax

  12. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    well Jax, i used the edit button but my previous question vanished?!?! (I should have pressed delete instead of save hehe stupid me) anyway here is my new question. I promise to use EDIT the next time i've a question.

    My wii is a 4.0U KOREAN wii. So which one should i use while updating to 4.1? KOREAN or USA ?

    THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME....
    I now own a soft-modded 4.1U Wii with updated IOS's.
    Last edited by mymoon; 01-29-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: It's All Good..

  13. #10
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,653
    Thanks
    3,216
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mymoon View Post
    well Jax, i used the edit button but my previous question vanished?!?! (I should have pressed delete instead of save hehe stupid me) anyway here is my new question. I promise to use EDIT the next time i've a question.

    My wii is a 4.0U KOREAN wii. So which one should i use while updating to 4.1? KOREAN or USA ?
    Look at the post above yours...Llaffer Answered your question.
    Use the 4.1u system menu.

    Thank you, for using the Edit function.

    EDIT: Sorry about that,you couldn't see your post because it had links in it and you are a new member and that's why you also couldn't see Llaffer's post.Both post were Moderated.
    Last edited by Jax; 01-29-2013 at 06:11 AM.

  14. 1 User Says Thank You Jax For This Useful Post


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •