Thread: Wii Fit System Update on modded wiikey 2 + ntsc + downgraded firmware 3.2

Wii Fit System Update on modded wiikey 2 + ntsc + downgraded firmware 3.2

This may seem very repetitive and annoying to some, however, I've been doing a lot of researching and trying to find answers to a problem that I have. I recently got the wii ntsc and have installed with wiikey 2 chip, and have also spent the last few days learning how to downgrade to firmware 3.2U. It has been quite successful on the first 2 games I have made, however, I have the purchased retail version of wiifit and when I go to plug it in, it asks me to do a system upgrade. Is this to firmware 3.3U? And if not, will the system update brick my wii? I have a feeling that it will, but I'm not entirely sure. If this is the case, what solution do I need to get around it?

Again, I'm quite new to this so I've been trying to get my questions answered, unfortunately, I have not found one definitive answer. I would appreciate any advice on how to solve this issue.

Thanks!

it is 3.3, and it wont they all say this
    update the chip and block updates
    then install Cios 37, and hope for the best
    Last edited by admiral victorinox; 01-11-2009 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks admiral.

Without contacting my trusted engineer friend who did the install of my chip, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by wii clip? I have a feeling I already installed cios 37 when doing the twilight princess hack to install homebrew and downgrading the firmware.

i said Chip =P

lol sorry... its my birthday today... had a few! lol

We'll I don't have a sd card reader, but planned on getting one tomorrow, so I guess this fix will have to take place tomorrow.

I take it there has been no real major known issues as you say "hope for the best"?

its just problematic

So it sounds like the success rate of this fix isn't all this high...

Is it the only solution?

Use the WiiKey 2's configuration screen to block disc updates. I have WiiFit running on a 3.2 softmodded system, no problems.

Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

Thanks e3NiN3! I am trying to do that now but it seems that everytime I burn myself a copy of the files, all I get is the blue screen with just the title of "Wiikey Config Disc V1.2"... No options came up. I made a new thread on that here