Click here to begin
This guide is so that you can back up and play your legally purchased Game Cube games via an sd card on your wii. Anyone asking how or where to get copies of games will be infracted and or possibly banned, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Things to consider
Bear in mind that this is still a work in progress, it still has bugs and things are not perfect, cut scenes lag and jump etc but as far as i can tell upto now games play fine
What you will need
1) A softmodded wii following the Softmod Any wii guide
2) A way to rip your Game cube game - Cleanrip
3) A compatible sd card formatted to fat32 to store the games (preferably SDHC cards up to 32GB class 10 are recommended, formatted with 64kb clusters)
4) A PC
5) This file
6) A game cube controller to play them
Different revisions of DML
1) Extract Cleanrip to the apps folder on your sd card
Note the file structure of the sd card circled in red.
2) Place the sd card in your wii and switch on
3) Navigate to the HBC and load cleanrip
4) Put your GC game in the wii and rip the game to front sd card. (It usually takes about 10 minutes to rip a game)
5) Done, sd card back to the PC.
1) Grab the file from part 5 of the things you will need and extract it.
2) You should now have a folder that looks like this on your PC
3) Cut and paste your ripped iso from the sd card to the PC
4) Needless to say, you need to copy the contents of the "Put into SD card folder" over to your sd card so that you have something like this on the sd card
5) Navigate to the DiscEx folder and here you want to drag your .iso or.gcm file onto the DiscEx.exe, this will convert the file for use with DML.
6) Once completed you should have a folder named with a title id and some files within mainly a game.gcm or .iso file. This folder should be moved to the sd card and placed within the game folder. You should have something that looks like this -
Again note the file structure of the sd card as this is important.
Chapter 3 (optional)
If you want to compress the game file then do this with the file before you drag and drop it on DiscEx -
1. open up your DML folder
2. open GCMUtility0.5 folder
3. open GCMUtility
4. click add .iso
5. locate and add .iso or .gcm
6. when you click open you will see the game in the box
7. check the little box next to the banner
8. then click shrink
9. save the file to somewhere (somewhere where you will remember)
10. then go about doing the rest of the guide with the small shrunk file
FYI - Some games will not work compressed but will when they are not so just bare this in mind
1) Return the sd card to the wii and switch on
2) Navigate to the HBC and load wad manager (included in the package)
3) Install the wad file that is included in the pack (this will overwrite your CMIOS and so you will no longer be able to play backups via disc although you will still be able to play originals)
4) Return the HBC and load up Neogamma
5) Press down on the wiimote to Load games and change the option to load GC Games via DML then press up and press A to search for games.
6) Select your game and press A
7) Very important - You musrt have a Wii game or GC game in the Wii or it will boot you back to the system menu!
8) That is it, play your game
Optional - Play from Wiiflow
1) Grab this revision of Wiiflow
2) Rename the file boot.dol and replace your boot.dol file in your Wiiflow folder
3) Load Wiiflow in the usual manner
4) Navigate to the bottom right of the screen and press B on the Wiimote until You come to your GC games
5) Select game and play (same as the rest of the guide applies, You must have a game in the Wii)
Optional - Play from CFG Usbloader
1) Grab cfg usbloader from here
2) Rename the file boot.dol and replace your boot.dol file in your Cfg folder
3) Load Cfg in the usual manner
4) All games should show up in your main screen
SD/SDHC code by sven,
FATLib by ChaN,
r-win, Miigotu, OverjoY, FIX94, xFede and entropy for bringing us Wiiflow,
Emuhack for Iso compression instruction