Thread: How to tell if Hard or Soft Modded??

How to tell if Hard or Soft Modded??

Hi wiihackers!

I just recently bought a wii via buy & sell online. And the guy was just selling the wii from his friend hence he does not know any of the stuff regarding mods . The big question is I'm not sure if mine is soft modded or hard modded. So I did my research here mostly on softmod not hardmod and my brain is totally confused. So here are some questions I hope you can support me with.

First question: Does Softmoding always depends on SD to boot? or once installed it's already stored in your flash console?
    Second question: I already notice hbc, neogamma and usb cfg loader installed and was able to play burnt iso dvd using neogamma. Does this mean it was hardmodded?
    Third question: I have a Seagate freeagent go 500GB PN:9kv.... and was able to format it in fat32 format using easeus. and used WBFS to format it. Was able to load 2 isos but when I ran neogamma it was not detected. I also used USB cfg still it cannot be detected. Could this be the usb drive compatibility? It was not among the list by the way. Do i need an sd boot for this?

More info about my console here
    It's a 4.2u
    usb loader cfg
    neogamma r9beta 26 ios249 rev6535
    homebrew 1.0.8 ios61 v21.79

Sorry If I overlooked some thread. But I've been trying to search to this wonderful forum for weeks now. And hopefully someone can clarify my situation.

Thanks for the support!

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Without going through that wall of text it appears that u are softmodded as per the channels u stated. Best thing u can do is post a syscheck so we can see what u have installed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using WiiHacks