Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Is a burned game suppose to show up on the disk channel?

  1. #1

    Is a burned game suppose to show up on the disk channel?

    My bro borrowed a burned copy of guilty gear from my friend, when he inserted into the wii the game showed up on the disk channel, he then loaded it through neogamma beta 52 and worked w/o any issues.


    is a burned game suppose to show up on the disk channel & safe to play it though disk channel if shown?

  2. #2
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfhound142 View Post
    My bro borrowed a burned copy of guilty gear from my friend, when he inserted into the wii the game showed up on the disk channel, he then loaded it through neogamma beta 52 and worked w/o any issues.


    is a burned game suppose to show up on the disk channel & safe to play it though disk channel if shown?
    You won't be able to play it through the standard Disk Channel unless you have DARKCORP installed (not recommended unless you know exactly what you are doing).
    SM 4.1 (v499) - BootMii/IOS v1.5 - HBC 1.1.2 - Priiloader 0.8b6 - d2x v9(r49) - WiiFlow 4.1.1
    [SPOILER=Must read threads]Thinking About Hacking a Wii? Read This First.
    Brick Prevention
    Softmod ANY Wii (updated 03/30/2013)
    How To Run & Post A System Check[/SPOILER][SPOILER=Helpful threads]USB Compatibility List
    FAT32 Formatting
    WiiFlow Guide
    Troublesome Games And Their Solution
    Error Index[/SPOILER]
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  3. #3
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Games will show up in the disc channel, but they will not play from there. I am assuming you are softmodded. There is a way to play backups through the disc channel, but it is not recommended, as it is not safe and patches all of your IOS. Which can cause a brick. The best way is to use NeoGamma, which has been updated to beta 56 btw.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    You won't be able to play it through the standard Disk Channel unless you have DARKCORP installed (not recommended unless you know exactly what you are doing).
    Nope dont have darkcorps install. my wii softmodd was old as darkcorps before i updated it XD

    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    Games will show up in the disc channel, but they will not play from there. I am assuming you are softmodded. There is a way to play backups through the disc channel, but it is not recommended, as it is not safe and patches all of your IOS. Which can cause a brick. The best way is to use NeoGamma, which has been updated to beta 56 btw.
    "The force is strong with this one" XD srry i just had to when i saw ur avatar. im a starwars fan.

    Yes my wiis softmodded, ty for clearing that up. For now beta 52 works fine, however ill update it...eventually

  5. #5
    If you have DarkCorp then it will, But installing DarkCorp isn't recommended. I did, but I'm stupid. Safest way of getting close to Disc channel functionality would be getting NeoGamma with Autoboot mod. If you wanna take it a step further, install Priiloader and get the "Move Disc Channel Hack" and put NeoGamma with autoboot where the Disc Channel is.

    By the way, If your thinking when I say NeoGamma I mean your loader of choice, you're wrong. NeoGamma is pretty much the best Disc Loader there is.

  6. #6
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastermichael64
    If you have DarkCorp then it will, But installing DarkCorp isn't recommended. I did, but I'm stupid. Safest way of getting close to Disc channel functionality would be getting NeoGamma with Autoboot mod. If you wanna take it a step further, install Priiloader and get the "Move Disc Channel Hack" and put NeoGamma with autoboot where the Disc Channel is.

    By the way, If your thinking when I say NeoGamma I mean your loader of choice, you're wrong. NeoGamma is pretty much the best Disc Loader there is.
    Nice of you to re word my answer. I think I answered this a week and a half ago. LOL.

  7. #7
    Wasn't trying to steal anything, The main point of my post was how he can get closer to the feeling of using the Disc channel rather than a launcher. I added on that bit about DarkCorp because DarkCorp wrecks your Sh*t if your not careful and that needs to emphasized.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •