Thread: NAND backup

NAND backup

Today, my pc crashed and i had to perform a system restore to an earlier point in time etc. I restored the computer etc, but when i did, my nand backup files etc. for my wii were all gone!! I installed bootmii as an ios as boot 2 was not available. Is there any way of restoring a wii to before being modded without the nand? Could i try and perform a and backup now? or will it not allow me? Am i right in thinking that you only need the nand to restore original settings to the wii's motherboard if it gets fully bricked and/or maybe, if i wanted to sell it etc? Is the nand absolutely esential? What is the likelihood of a wii bricking if it is left in its current state? Am i able to copy another wii's nand that is the same version etc, or will the keys be different? many thanks

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    You can make another nand backup, but it will be a backup of how your Wii is now. But still should do in case u ever brick. You cannot use a backup from another console. The keys are different for every console.