Thread: I Just want my WII to work again :-(

Thanks

I Just want my WII to work again :-(

Hi wiihacks people, i have recently made a HUGE mistake on my wii, it was bought new in about 2008 hacked a few months later (by me) and then left alone about 6 months after that, about 6 months ago i started using it again and decided to re-hack it using a "modmii" guide. The re-hack went well and durring that re-hack i believe i re-enabled truncha bug (or whataver that is) and installed bootmii as IOS (boot2 was not an option). so far so good, then after research i heard of priiloader and decided it was a must, installed it, no problem. Here comes the stupid part: a few days later i found wii theme WADS which i installed via a wad manager in HBC and everything looked fine except the "press A" screen suddenly showed up again (i had told priiloader to skip the screen) seeing this as odd i turned off my wii and tried to load priiloader (holding reset while booting) and it just booted like normal (now i know that the wad screwed up priiloader). Here goes the REALLY stupid part: i decided that getting my priiloader back would be a good idea so i uninstalled the theme wad and tried to go back to the system menu to make sure it worked and it wouldnt load, so i turned off my wii X.x and now i have no video or audio at all.

i have tried a few things to un-brick:
    -savemiifrii wouldnt work (i had an old gamecube controller laying around which i took apart vary carefully with a hex screw head)
    -i found a universal autoboot disc thingie that didnt work
    -holding reset while booting didnt work
    -removing the battery and unplugging the wii for 30 mins didnt work (i mean the "watch battery" that i assume keeps volatile data in memory even without power)

any advice? any help? i am willing to buy a drivekey and install it myself if someone with knowledge can say that it should work.

help me, i just want my f*&$ing back, i almost beat kirby wii too -sad face-

Thanks
    Look around in the stickeys of this section: BRICKED Wii Issues ONLY

If no help there, i think posting there would be more productive. Mods may move this post anyway.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 Times in 1,318 Posts
    I've moved this to the bricked section where there's more chance of receiving help from a brick expert.

So, you uninstalled your system menu, and of course there's no priiloader.
    I think the only chance you have of recovery is if you/expert flashes your nand.
    Did you do a nand backup when you first modded your wii?

4. 1 User Says Thank You bmarlo For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Nope, no band backup and no friends around me with a wii either I think I can install any chip I just don't have soldering equipment

Oops band = nand (stupid android auto correct :P)