Thread: USB Loader GX Question for this dumb blond.... Please help !!!!

USB Loader GX Question for this dumb blond.... Please help !!!!

I'm not really dumb but I feel like one after struggling with an issue for the past 3 hours. I know that this subject has been brought up a few times, but I can't figure out how to fix it.
    Not only that I don't have the tool to install and uninstall stuff that people are instructing, i don't even know the steps. I don't know what I am talking about here..lol.. so if you have the patient to walk me through and share links to the tool to fix my problem it will be greatly appreciated.

I have 4.3U, blue Wii, bought about a month ago. I thought I have done everything correctly to play from my external hard drive (usb), but I am getting a message that is preventing me from using the USB Loader GX. When i try to load the game with USB loader gx i get

" USB loader gx needs unstubbed cIOS 222 v4 or 249 v9+"
    "I found 222= 0"
    " 249= 0"
    "go figure out how to get some cIOS action going on in you wii and come back to me "

Please please tell me step by step how I can fix this? What tool should i use? Do you have a link to this tool?
    As you can tell, I am not really good at this. Please help me. If there is a Youtube link showing this fix, please let me know.
    THANKS!!

USB Loader GX

Hiya
    I have the exact same issue I have downloaded Hermes v4 but won't load.

HELP!!!!!
    Ian

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that you used letterbomb to install Homebrew channel and now you think you can play games from a usb drive. If that is all you did, then you need to go HERE and start over. There is also THIS great little faq that may help get you a little better comprehension of what is going on.

skellinator, you are 100% right. I regret it now....
    hey you sound like a very smart person. where on that page shows the solution to my issue?
    Do i need to go through the whole thing again or is there a section that should be concentrating on to correct my problem?
    sorry for sounding so dumb but i am hoping that you can help me out. this supposed to be a gift for a nephew...

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    If u already have the homebrew channel installed then start the guide from after that, but i recommend u make a nand backup first if u havent already.

I dont have problems with that and i am happy. But 1 question: can i play online with it ??
    Yes, yes u can

..now, when I select the option "Launch Bootmii" to start the fix process, my Wii blinks in blue and the screen stays dark...
    oh my, what have I done? Is my Wii completely dead? I am so lost right now, I just don't know what to do.
    "
    needs unstubbed cIOS 222 v4 or 249 v9" message is still coming up.

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    I suggest u just start the guide from the beginning, pop the sd card out and format it then start the guide afresh