Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bootmii won't boot from HC

  1. #1

    Bootmii won't boot from HC

    Hello evryone, i just got a brand new blue wii 4.3u. I have been using muifrogs guide to mod my wii. I used the smash stack method with a standard sandisk 2gb sd card. Hackmii installed homebrew channel and bootmii without any issues (i think, no errors popped up). Now i am trying to do a nand back up, whenever i go to HC and try to launch bootmii from the menu all i get is a black screen with no words and disc drive flashing blue. Is the issue that i dont have the bootmii beta 6 files on a compatible sd card? I thought that since bootmii installed as an ios that the sd card was no longer a factor. Can someone please give some feedback.

  2. #2
    Do you have a bootmii folder on your sd card?

  3. #3
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsecannon View Post
    Hello evryone, i just got a brand new blue wii 4.3u. I have been using muifrogs guide to mod my wii. I used the smash stack method with a standard sandisk 2gb sd card. Hackmii installed homebrew channel and bootmii without any issues (i think, no errors popped up). Now i am trying to do a nand back up, whenever i go to HC and try to launch bootmii from the menu all i get is a black screen with no words and disc drive flashing blue. Is the issue that i dont have the bootmii beta 6 files on a compatible sd card? I thought that since bootmii installed as an ios that the sd card was no longer a factor. Can someone please give some feedback.
    You do need to have an SD card with the BootMii files on it. Even for the IOS installation.
    SM 4.1 (v499) - BootMii/IOS v1.5 - HBC 1.1.2 - Priiloader 0.8b6 - d2x v9(r49) - WiiFlow 4.1.1
    [SPOILER=Must read threads]Thinking About Hacking a Wii? Read This First.
    Brick Prevention
    Softmod ANY Wii (updated 03/30/2013)
    How To Run & Post A System Check[/SPOILER][SPOILER=Helpful threads]USB Compatibility List
    FAT32 Formatting
    WiiFlow Guide
    Troublesome Games And Their Solution
    Error Index[/SPOILER]
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  4. #4

    thx for the feedback

    Ok, thx guys, now my next question is do i have to have a sd card that is compatible with bootmii beta 6? will my standard 2gb sd work? Or am i making a future run?

  5. #5
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsecannon View Post
    Ok, thx guys, now my next question is do i have to have a sd card that is compatible with bootmii beta 6? will my standard 2gb sd work? Or am i making a future run?
    Bootmii tends to be kinda picky about SD cards. A Sandisk 2GiB card is recommended, but some others will work. Just try it and see if it works. If not, try another one (note that some only work when launching from the HBC).
    SM 4.1 (v499) - BootMii/IOS v1.5 - HBC 1.1.2 - Priiloader 0.8b6 - d2x v9(r49) - WiiFlow 4.1.1
    [SPOILER=Must read threads]Thinking About Hacking a Wii? Read This First.
    Brick Prevention
    Softmod ANY Wii (updated 03/30/2013)
    How To Run & Post A System Check[/SPOILER][SPOILER=Helpful threads]USB Compatibility List
    FAT32 Formatting
    WiiFlow Guide
    Troublesome Games And Their Solution
    Error Index[/SPOILER]
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  6. #6
    I used the download from bootmii.org, the hackmii pack that included the bootmii. And then i used the smash stack method to homebrew. Do i still need to make a whole new bootmii folder with the bootmii files? and if so can some1 give me a link to the files.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by pulsecannon View Post
    I used the download from bootmii.org, the hackmii pack that included the bootmii. And then i used the smash stack method to homebrew. Do i still need to make a whole new bootmii folder with the bootmii files? and if so can some1 give me a link to the files.
    bootmii.zip

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •