Thread: Hdd help plz

Hdd help plz

hi guys i hope im posting this in the right place and i hope some 1 can help me i have bought my kids a wii each for xmas and i am going to softmod them both so i will need to buy a hard drive for them both dont need nothing really to big somthing like 2x500 gig 1s will do but i dont want to go and buy 1 that doesant work with it or has problems so idealy i just want to go to my local argos or some thing and just pic 2 up ive look at the compatible lists but when i put the make and serial numbers in on google alot of them are no longer available could some 1 post me a link to say argos or somthing like that of 1 which you know works well 500 gig or smaller will do or if you could give me a few to choose from would be great thanks guys

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    I have a 500gig seagate one from argos and works flawlessly. Sometimes they subsitute for iomega which also works 50 or if u have maplin near they r doing a core hd 1tb for 60 also works perfect

thanks for that pob ye i have a maplin about 10 mins away from me so i suppose for the extra 10 pound i may aswell get the 1tb 1 from there but if not ile get the seagate 1 from argos thanks again

I think you could help me as well on my 500 gig Seagate

Quote Originally Posted by Pob3008 View Post
    I have a 500gig seagate one from argos and works flawlessly. Sometimes they subsitute for iomega which also works 50 or if u have maplin near they r doing a core hd 1tb for 60 also works perfect
    Hi. I think you might help me with this..
    I have a 500 gig Seagate Portable, and i put some iso games on them.
    But it seems that the Wii does not read it. It cannot detect any ISO files on the Seagate drive..
    I have just formatted the Hard Drive, before i put the ISO (Dragged the ISO into the Hard disc folder)

Is there anything else that i need to do?

I have just softmoded my kid's Wii, which is a 4.3e version.

Thanks

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    what did u format the drive to?

Hi Pob308..
    Thanks for the Reply..I manage to figure out the Problem..
    It seems that i need to add files using the WFBS Manager.
    So right now, i have my Seagate Hooked up to our Wii..

Thanks! and This is a very good website for Wii Noobs just like me..

What files did you need to install I'm stuck on that one

VWA
    This thread is over a year old (nearly 2 years old). Please create your own thread with details about your issue rather than posting in everyone else's threads (ie "threadjacking").

Thread closed.