Thread: Wiiflow - What to do with this .dol

Thanks

Wiiflow - What to do with this .dol

I've been on the wiiflow wiki today trying to get things setup for using a USB HD. It seems like I have properly installed the d2x-v7-final using the installer and instructions on the wiki. I have also installed the Wiiflow channel forwarder. But here is the problem.

When I downloaded what I assume to be the actual Wiiflow program from the "Main Dropbox" link on the right side of the page I get this r417.dol file. I have no idea what to do with this file. I have been reading guides and browsing the forums and I can't seem to get a pin on what this is about. I'm not sure how to launch it to install wiiflow, where it needs to be placed etc.

I don't know if this is relevant: I installed homebrew using an SD card and now have a Fat32 formatted USB HD available. I don't know if the wiiflow .dol thing needs to be placed on the hard drive if that is where I plan on launching my disk images from in the future.

Any guidance and direction will be greatly appreciated. I have read a lot of guides today and don't mind reading another if I missed one that you know about.

Thanks!

-Spleenika

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,030 Posts

Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here

[/spoiler]

3. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Fantastic, thank you Shift_lock.

I will read through both of those.

Thanks
    I was indeed able to straighten out my problem thanks to your guides. It's a wonder why these steps are not on the wiki.

What I needed to do was take that .dol file, rename it to boot.dol, and place it in the directories outlined under Installation: B: Forwarder Channels, as shown in the second guide you linked. After getting the directories set up, I was able to launch Wiiflow from within homebrew and the channel on the main menu. Things seem to be in working order now.

Thanks to you Shift_Lock for directing me to those guides. I've been on a lot of different websites today and you were the only one that could straighten me out. Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Glad you got it sorted. Now your more informed as well.