Thread: Error 2011 installing WADs on version 3.3E (Not upgraded)

Thanks

Error 2011 installing WADs on version 3.3E (Not upgraded)

Hi there, been at this for at least 9 hours now, so hoping someone here can help.

I need the game "Jam City Rollergirls" for my sister on the wii - problem is our Wii has a chip so I can't go online and just buy it for her.

I currently have MMM, Wad Manager 1.7, and a couple of other wad installers (none of which have worked), also have Homebrew installed via the Twilight hack and a copy of "freethewads"

I also have a copy of the jam city rollergirls wad, and the "World of Goo" wad - to see if a different game would work.

Each time i attempt to install the game I am presented with error 2011.

I have visited at least 5 guides designed to deal with this error but all refer to "downgrading your Wii" implying that i've upgraded it above 3.3 (Which i havn't, according to the Wii's settings im on 3.3E, as i was when i got this in ~2008)

One possibly important note is the first attempt at installation seemed successful (The channel was available), but the game did not run, a google search indicated this was because it was an american region coded game (im Australian - we use PAL) hence using freethewads to change it to PAL. After changing it i uninstalled the game and attempted to reinstall it, but got this error.

NB: I have tried using the american version again, to no avail.

Sorry for the wall of text, I wanted to make sure i didnt waste anyones time asking alot of questions.

Thanks in advance, and i do apologise if the fix is obvious and i just havn't been able to see it.

Regards
    -Josh

Thanks
    One other thing of note, I cant seem to get bootmii to install properly, something to do with having boot 1 and not boot 2 (this isn't something i care about fixing unless i need to to get the game.)

Thanks
    Update ur shop channel then go online thers a tut for it

Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks
    4.1x
    500gig seagate wbsf (to lazy to change)

4. 1 User Says Thank You bristoljay For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRaven View Post
    Hi there, been at this for at least 9 hours now, so hoping someone here can help.

I need the game "Jam City Rollergirls" for my sister on the wii - problem is our Wii has a chip so I can't go online and just buy it for her.

I currently have MMM, Wad Manager 1.7, and a couple of other wad installers (none of which have worked), also have Homebrew installed via the Twilight hack and a copy of "freethewads"

I also have a copy of the jam city rollergirls wad, and the "World of Goo" wad - to see if a different game would work.

Each time i attempt to install the game I am presented with error 2011.

I have visited at least 5 guides designed to deal with this error but all refer to "downgrading your Wii" implying that i've upgraded it above 3.3 (Which i havn't, according to the Wii's settings im on 3.3E, as i was when i got this in ~2008)

One possibly important note is the first attempt at installation seemed successful (The channel was available), but the game did not run, a google search indicated this was because it was an american region coded game (im Australian - we use PAL) hence using freethewads to change it to PAL. After changing it i uninstalled the game and attempted to reinstall it, but got this error.

NB: I have tried using the american version again, to no avail.

Sorry for the wall of text, I wanted to make sure i didnt waste anyones time asking alot of questions.

Thanks in advance, and i do apologise if the fix is obvious and i just havn't been able to see it.

Regards
    -Josh
    If you are using "freethewads" you are a pirate and we cant help you.. If you purchased your vc titles via the shop you would have the correct region vc titles..

Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here

[/spoiler]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bristoljay View Post
    Update ur shop channel then go online thers a tut for it

Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks
    I was reading the agreement you have to agree too and it talks about letting nintendo montitor what software you have installed and brick your wii, will it brick it? I have homebrew and also a hard mod installed from way back.