Thread: I messed up and upgraded...?

I messed up and upgraded...?

so i was talking on the phone and accidentally upgraded my wii to v4.3..... well i cussed myself out for a bit and then deleted everything off my sd card thinking i would just start over again. well i guess im wrong about that too. i cant find a way to downgrade back to 4.1 and the guide i found using super smash brawl isnt working. ill be honest i have NO CLUE what im doing when it comes to this stuff when i first hacked my wii it took me over a day to figure it out... so IF i can now use the HBC and usb uploader with version 4.3 HOW?! this is the guide i found the original: How-To Install Homebrew Channel Wii 4.3 - YouTube it says to download hackmii v0.7b well the current is 0.8 but i downloaded 0.7b just to stay with the video. then i took these files out of the folder "hackmii_installer_v0.7b"
    wiiload (folder)
    and put them in the root file of my sd card. i put it in my wii after i do this and turn it on. i then open up super smash brawl and go into vault and then stage builder but nothing loads for me like he does. what am i doing wrong... can someone show me the guide on how to do this for the biggest retard when it comes to these sort of things please? thanks.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    Southeast Ohio
    Thanked 2,674 Times in 1,960 Posts
    It is a rather common occurrence that people come here talking about how a youtube guide has failed them, which is why we call it "failtube". Follow the Softmod ANY Wii guide, there is a link to it in my signature below. That will sort all of your issues.