Thread: Help a newb out please...

Thanks

Help a newb out please...

Hiii,

I've decided to softmod my Wii yesterday to be able to play games from my external HDD.

I followed the 'SOFTMOD FOR EVERY WII' guide on this website and installed all that was needed on my 4.2u Wii

I have 3 games on my HDD all being NTSC format ; Skyward sword, smash bros and Naruto shippuden

I have both Neogamma r9 beta 52 and CFG USB loader v70 and tried to run the games from both.

For starters, i notice that CFG USB Loader freezes a lot on my Wii, while Neogamma doesnt (I'm solely talking about the option and menu, not ingame) so i tend to do all my attempts with the Neogamma.

Anyways, when i try to run the games, it all freezes. They all start up, get to the screen when im showed my remote, i press A and then it freezes on a white screen for both Naruto and Zelda and a black one for smash bros, Wii stops responding thus forces me to do a hard reset.

As i said, i'm a nemb with all this and right now i feel completly clueless as i have no experience whatsoever when it comes to Wii modding, and giving ive bought all of this thinking it would work 'easily'..... im dissapointed and hope for dear god that i wasnt cursed for attemping such thing thus wasted all my money on it.....

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me with....

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,596 Times in 2,026 Posts
    If you softmodded, why are you posting in a modchip section that uses hdd?

Try the newbie section.
    Last edited by oddgriffin; 11-28-2011 at 08:16 PM.