A newer and updated WiiFlow guide can be found here.
This guide is based on you having an upto date Softmod with Mauifrogs guide
installed on your wii and fresh clean install of wiiflow. In this guide I will be showing you how to extract a nand from your .bin file which was created when you made a backup from bootmii and in turn using that nand to install your legal copies of Wiiware and Vitual Console etc and play them via Wiiflow. I will also include how to play your wii backup games via wiiflow too.
I don't want anyone here asking where to get wads, Virtual Console games, Wiiware or anything else that could be associated with piracy. This guide is for those that have legally purchased more Wiiware and Vc that can fit on the wii system menu. Anyone who asks will have their post deleted and will receive an infraction!
Things You will need
1) Your nand.bin and keys.bin files, these were created when you first backed up your nand with Bootmii
2) A way to extract the nand so it can be read - We will be using Nand tools by Giantpune - Get them here
3) A way to inject .wad files into the nand in the form of ShowMiiWads
5) A working USB device formatted to fat32 - Fat32 guide here
6) d2x v7 installed as:
You can use this guide
for help on installation
Chapter 1 - Extracting your nand
1) Grab the nand tools described above and extract them to a folder of your choice on your PC.
2) Take a copy of your nand.bin and keys.bin files and place them in the same folder.
3) Start the nandExtract.exe
4) Go to file and open nand - then navigate to and select your nand.bin file
5) Right click on the root folder to extract your nand and name the folder nand.
6) Now you should have a folder named nand and the contents should look like this
Nand extraction complete!
Chapter 2 - Adding your games with ShowMiiWads
1) Grab ShowMiiWads as described above and extract to a folder of your choice.
2) Run ShowMiiWads.exe
3) Go to tools and scroll down to create common key bin
4) Go to options and select change NAND Backup Path and navigate to and select your nand you prepared earlier.
5) Now go to View and select ShowMiiNand
6) Now right click anywhere in ShowMiiWads - select install>File and navigate to the .wad file u wish to install
7) You have now successfully installed your game to the nand.
Chapter 3 - Setting up Wiiflow
1) Grab the Wiiflow file from earlier in the guide.
2) Create an apps folder on the root of your fat32 formatted USB device if you don't already have one.
3) Create a sub directory within the apps folder called wiiflow and place the file you downloaded there (may need to rename the file to boot.dol)
4) Now grab this wiiflow.ini
file and place it alongside the boot.dol file as above.
5) Now take your nand folder we created earlier and place this on the root of your USB device.
6) Now create a folder on the root called wiiflow.
Your USB device root shouild look like this:
7) If you wish to play your normal backed up Wii games from Wiiflow using this guide all you have to do is add a folder and name it WBFS to the root of your USB device. Within the folder should be your games. This guide
can be used for getting your games prepared.
Your USB Device root should now look like this:
1) Plug USB device in to the bottom usb port of the Wii.
2) Navigate to the HBC menu.
3) Press 1 On the Wiimote and select USB.
4) Now you should see your Wiiflow application you want to select it.
5) Once loaded you need to press B on the little icon on the bottom right of the screen (looks like a little fish bowl)
If it does not load your emulated nand You may have to go to setting in the bottom left corner and select your device as USB1 and then that is it you are done.
Internet connection for wii - (easiest method)
1) Load Wiiflow
2) Go to bottom left hand corner there is an icon next to a question mark that looks like cogs, select it
3) Very first option at the top is to download covers, thats it.
No internet connection
1) Required PC with internet connection and usb port
2) Go to this website
and download required game cover
3) Place on the USB device in a sub folder of wiiflow named covers
example - USB/wiiflow/covers/downloaded cover to here.
Get your forwarder channels here
To install the forwarder channel you can use programs like multi mod manager or wad manager. Place the .wad of your forwarder in a file on either your sd card or usb device called wads then run your program for installing wads. Navigate to the .wad file and install it. There should now be a window on the system menu that forwards to wiiflow
Things You may need to know
This setup runs absolutely flawlessly for me but if you do experience any problems you may have to partition your USB device in to 2 seperate partitions:
One partition holding your nand and the other to hold the apps folder with wiiflow in.
bLAStY, bushing, dhewg, drmr, John_K, marcan, mha, segher, svpe, tmbinc, comex for bringing us Bootmii,
Giantpune for bringing the nand extracting tools,
Leathl for bringing ShowMiiWads,
r-win, Miigotu, OverjoY for bringing us Wiiflow,
Red_Gh0st for d2x installation guide,
and last but not least Peire for the banner at the beginning of this guide and for his Wii Game manager guide.