Thread: New Super Mario Bros Bundle/Redesigned Wii Hackable?

New Super Mario Bros Bundle/Redesigned Wii Hackable?

I've ordered the new Wii through Best Buy after it went on sale on their site for $99.99 on Black Friday. I didn't know if it was possible to hack or not. If I can, can I just use the letter bomb exploit like the older Wiis? To me, it's not a huge deal, but I mostly want to do it so I can play the Operation Rainfall games (like Xenoblade) since they're probably not gonna make here in the states. I think someone who made a thread about a dismantled European Wii (new model) was still hackable through Letterbomb, so I was just thinking it probably still would be if that one is.

Thanks for any feedback. =)

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Yes, if it has a 4.3 system menu then u can use letterbomb to install bootmii and the homebrew channel

Quote Originally Posted by Pob3008 View Post
    Yes, if it has a 4.3 system menu then u can use letterbomb to install bootmii and the homebrew channel
    Thank you I am glad to hear this. =D

I was having trouble finding any information about being able to hack the non-Gamecube compatible Wii. I heard some people say that because the Gamecube parts were removed, it might not be possible to hack at this time. But I guess this person didn't really know exactly what he/she was talking about. Anyway, I'll be sure to read the steps to do this thoroughly and take my time.

Again, thanks.
    Last edited by Lucent85; 11-26-2011 at 11:27 PM.

I have a wii hack question

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    post it in the appropriate place then

I got the blue one at Wal-Mart but it's the same thing (no GameCube ports, etc.) I followed Mauifrogs guide and did the Indiana Jones exploit (Rented the game from Block Buster for $1.) Worked for me!

Sorry to revive this old thread.
    But I also have the same SMB Wii and I can`t navigate in BootMii to WAD manager. How do you do that. And I can`t find the particular guide mentioned above, Mauifrogs guide.
    Can someone help me please.
    Thanks,