Skyward Sword/Homebrew Issues
I haven't touched my Wii in years, and I used to have Homebrew installed. Tonight I picked up Skyward Sword, and it turns out I can't play it without updating. I go to update, and I can't due to the infamous 32002 error code. So, inexperienced me decides to format my Wii memory, and format my SD card in hopes of being able to update to the 4.3 firmware. Alas, I can connect to my router, but now I get the even more infamous error code 32004. So, my question is, what do I do? I can't play Skyward Sword, and it's frustrating, to say the least.
My first priority is to, if at all possible, revert to stock Wii settings, update to 4.3, and go from there; however, if for some ungodly reason this isn't possible, how do I get the new Homebrew channel, and how do I enable it to play newer Wii games? In example, Skyward Sword. Once again, my primary concern is simply getting my Wii back to stock settings so I can update. If I need to install Homebrew, or something else, to make this possible, than that is fine.
Please keep in mind it has been over two years since I have done anything concerning softmodding my Wii, so please keep that in mind in your explanations. Step by step analysis (with links) would be immensely appreciated.
Thank you, and I will be checking this post regularly.
My firmware is currently 4.1U
I was in the exact same situation this morning when I came home with my copy of Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Like you, my firmware was 4.1U, I hadn't touched my homebrewed Wii in years, formatted my Wii's memory (bad idea in hindsight...), and I was constantly getting the 32004 error. Here's what worked for me:
1) I followed the instructions here: Homebrew setup - WiiBrew to put the Homebrew Channel back on my formatted Wii. (I used the Smash Stack one, but I don't think it matters which one you use) -- Also, I didn't bother with the BootMii stuff (I did, but then ended up just deleting it later on anyway)
2) Download the Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) from Multi-Mod-Manager_v13.4.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download and put the MMM folder with the zip file into your "apps" folder on your SD card (create an "apps" folder if there isn't one there already).
3) Pick up Priiloader v0.7 from here: Priiloader Download Page. When you unzip that file, grab the "priiloader" folder under the "apps" folder and copy it into the "apps" folder on your SD card.
4) Copy and paste this hacks_hash.ini file (http://priiloader.googlecode.com/svn...hacks_hash.ini) into Notepad, and save it as "hacks_hash.ini" and put it into the apps/priiloader/ folder on your SD card.
5) Plug your SD card into your Wii and and go into the Homebrew Channel and click on Multi-Mod Manager. It'll take you to a screen with a ton of options, one of which should be "IOS Manager". Delete every 200+ IOS here. Important: DO NOT delete any IOS with a 2-digit #
6) Go back to the Homebrew Channel and click on the Priiloader. Install it and it should take you back to the Wii Menu.
7) Click and hold the Reset button on your Wii to pull up Priiloader (it should say v0.7). Go to "System Menu Hacks" and enable "Block Disc Updates", save and turn off your Wii.
8) Turn your Wii back on, hold the Reset button to pull up Priiloader, return to the "System Menu Hacks", disable "Block Disc Updates", and save and turn off your Wii.
9) When I turned my Wii back on, I was able to update (it required 2 updates, actually, so don't fret after the first one finishes and it asks you to update again!)
That's everything I did. I wish you luck and will leave this open and check it to make sure you get through it ok. =)
Hope it helps!
Last edited by Ollec; 11-20-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Reason: removed name =)
It's the Pizza dude
Hmmm... Well, while it is apparent you spent a lot of time and effort doing all of that (and a lot of time spent typing your steps, which is appreciated) your solution effectively killed your softmod. If the OP would like to keep his/her softmod, I would suggest following the Softmod ANY Wii guide from beginning to end (link is in my sig). It will update everything that is required to run the game, as well as install priiloader (both "block disc updates" and "block online updates" should be enabled).
I did in fact follow the Softmod Any Wii guide once again, and all is working now. Thanks guys.
Ok. So there is something i didn't get. Formatting the Wii will make it impossible to update to the last firmware version (4.3u in this case)??? So if i wanna sell the wii like brand new, i won't be able to if i have softmoded it?
On the other hand... my firmware is 4.2u. I also have The Homebrew channel version 1.0.6 and SoftChip R99. Is there any problem if I updated the wii firmware to 4.3u? How can i get the last firmware without bricking the wii? Should i update first the homebrew to 1.0.8?
I confess i was planning to format the wii, but after the 32004 error of the two guys above i rather think it twice :s
I really suck doing this kind of stuff... u_u,
Please be kind explaining.
Thnx ! o/
It's the Pizza dude
If you are attempting to remove your softmod in order to sell it, we have a guide on how to do this called Remove Softmod From Any Wii.
Originally Posted by MauricioGP
hi guys, just dusted off my wii for skyward, had an old 4.1 wii w/ a soft mod, followed the softmod any wii guide, but when i go to run skyward i get shot back to the main menu of wii. As stated, I did follow the softmod any wii guide so i was under the assumption everything was up to date. any suggestions? Thanks!!
Retired WiiHacks Staff
There is a guide for that game here.
Originally Posted by secretsqurrull
All questions should go there.
I did it!!! I figured it out!!! Zelda skyward sword on newest wiiflow homebrew
YES... well okay...after checking the internet for hours searching 100 s of threads and doing evrything they said without it working...i changed my ios fro 248 to 249 , nothing different ...used a different loader...nada ...reburned and burned agin ...nada....WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS..... have a actual hard copy of the game first...ahem , im sure you own the original....put in the original game disc ...and sit thru the painful 3 minute wii motion tutorial...this somehow tells your wii that you have watched it and to proceed loading the rest of the game... after this you can take out the original disc and load it from usb loader gx or wii flow... yep iam a total noob.. thanks for listening
Good advice, it worked for me too!!! Thanks!!!
Originally Posted by jjonquet
Tags for this Thread