Thread: USB Nand Emulation? How do I do it and why would I do it?

USB Nand Emulation? How do I do it and why would I do it?

I'm interested in emulating NAND on my USB, but as the title suggests... not sure how to do it, and I'm interested in what advantages/disadvantages there may be. it seems to me that it would be good to have a copy of my system to run just in case something "went wrong".

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Blog Entries
    Well, usb nand emulation emulates the nand from USB (big suprise, I know). You can use this emulated nand to save games and launch wiiware, so it does not take up space in your real nand. It's been some time since I last used it, so someone else will need to give you pointers on how to do it.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

Thanks to the staff at wiihacks and the "softmod any wii" guide, i updated my IOS'es updated my loaders and now am a happy owner of a WII that runs gamecube games with Dios-Mios. Now i am interested in installing my wads to my USB drive. Anyone who knows how to set up the emunand. (or a step by step guide like "softmod any wii" would be perfect)

I tried to use emunand on Usbloader GX, it created some directories (like sys,import,ticket etc on the root of my USB drive) I changed every path about "emunand" to USB1:// in the options of Usbloader GX but when i try to install a wad file i get an error saying

"Can't read file: sd:/nand//shared1/"

(Yes, two slashes after nand, and it says sd, although i can not find the related option).I must have missed an option. any ideas people? also, only Cave Story installs without any errors but fails to run.

Thanked 1,365 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Please Do Not revive old Threads or Thread Jack as it's against the Rules.

Thank You.