Thread: Switch from WBFS to NTFS

Thanks

Switch from WBFS to NTFS

Hello, I'm thinking about switching my 500GB HDD from WBFS to NTFS, but I have a few questions before I decide.

1.) Are there any issues loading from NTFS drives using USB Loader GX or WiiFlow?
    2.) Where will my games be ripped to on the HDD/Where do I have to place my games? (e.g fat:/GAMES/)
    3.) What are the biggest issues with using an NTFS formatted drive other than being unable to launch homebew?

I want to make sure about these things before I switch, because it will take me awhile to re-rip all my games.

Thank you very much for your time.

Wii: Mario Kart Wii Bundle (Black, 4.3U), SM: 4.1U, HBC: v1.0.8,
    cIOS: d2x v8 beta (r41), Priiloader: Priiloader v0.7, SDHC: SanDisk Ultra 16GB Class 6,
    USB HDD: Seagate Expansion 500GB (ST905004EXA101-RK), Loader: USB Loader GX r1147

Thanks
    1. No, not with latest loader
    2. HDD:/WBFS/[GAME_ID].wbfs
    3. None

3. 1 User Says Thank You Brian For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thank you for the fast reply. I'll begin the switch tomorrow

Wii: Mario Kart Wii Bundle (Black, 4.3U), SM: 4.1U, HBC: v1.0.8,
    cIOS: d2x v8 beta (r41), Priiloader: Priiloader v0.7, SDHC: SanDisk Ultra 16GB Class 6,
    USB HDD: Seagate Expansion 500GB (ST905004EXA101-RK), Loader: USB Loader GX r1147

Thanks
    how did you complete the switch? what all do i have to do to my wii? i have a relatively old version as i hacked it over a year ago, but i would like to switch my hard drive to ntfs to make things easier and make the hard drive usable for other components not just wii games. what steps do i need to take? or what did you do to make the switch

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cburns03 View Post
    how did you complete the switch? what all do i have to do to my wii? i have a relatively old version as i hacked it over a year ago, but i would like to switch my hard drive to ntfs to make things easier and make the hard drive usable for other components not just wii games. what steps do i need to take? or what did you do to make the switch
    Search for the NTFS guide and stop Hi Jacking the thread..