Thread: Gather newbie questions

Gather newbie questions

Good afternoon in my timezone.

IOS version 4.2e
    I was able to get bootmii as boot2.
    Probably there are some questions that i will be able to find in this forum, but because i want to ask a lot of newbie questions , i think it is easier to gather all of them in just one post.
    I am newbie regarding the hacking wii process.
    I follow this tutorial to hack my wii :OUTSIDE LINK REMOVED
    It says that in the end of the process i would have a backup of my NAND memory in the S.D card , but that did not happen,so i run the BootMii and i did the NAND backup.
    Then i found a thread in this forum that i have a lot of more steps :
    The first question that i make is : In that thread there is a section called "The extermination of the evil stub ios249", is this equivalent to the Trucha bug steps that are in the first tutorial ?
    Second question :I want to use Internet channel, i can get it by 0 points through "Wii Shop Channel" , should i get through this way (official way)? My fear is that when i get it ,it will upgrade my OS version to an higher version ?Is this possible ? Or should i get any channel ,like "Internet Channel","EveryBody Votes" , through another place.
    Third question : From where can i download "free" games to my Wii,i saw three WebSites where i can download thousand of games , but in all of them i have to pay("Wii Download Bay","Unlimited Downloads","Game Media Center").
    Torrents are the only option ?
    Fourth question : How i run games through my SD card ?
    Fifth question(more technically): If i burn a cd with a game , i just have to put the cd in the wii and i can play it like it is a normal cd.How this happen? Homebrew channel is an application to read application from the SD an USB.
    BootMii replaced the boot2.So before i crack the Wii , if i tryied to play a burn cd it was not recognize but now it is ? So what change ?

I think this pack of question will help a lot of other users.
    Thanks in advance
    Best regards
    Last edited by skellinator; 11-05-2011 at 11:32 AM.

I can't answer all your questions. I got the Internet channel before I hacked so I don't know about that. I know that if you hack using the guide on this site then you will be able to block updates. I do know that torrents and piracy are not accepted on this site. So this is not the place for any of those.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    Southeast Ohio
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 1,967 Posts
    You should make a post in the introduce yourself section of the site. A mod will welcome you and give you a bunch of links and helpful info.

Now to some of your questions:
    - we do not support outside guides or how they do things (a lot of times they are full of fail)
    - the best guide to follow on this forum is the Softmod ANY Wii guide
    - if you follow the above guide you will not have to worry about accidental or unintentional updates thanks to priiloader, so yes you can use Wiishop, Internet Channel, etc.
    - downloading games from the internet is piracy and is not supported by anyone here on this site.
    - you can't run games from your sd card (as in through the Wii's SD card slot)
    - you either need another program to run the burned disc, or you have darkcorp installed, which is why you can now play burned discs

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    SE United States
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    OK, i went to the hassle of removing the external link (violation #1), then I moved the thread to the correct forum (violation #2), then I read the entire post and realized that you are looking to be a pirate (violation #3) Read the forum rules before you make any more posts. This one is closed.

I should delete cjizzle's post to keep you from actually getting helped, but I will leave it there. Hopefully this is the only time you need to be warned about these things.