Here is a guide to help you jailbreak devices on iOS 5. This guide works for iPhones, iPad, and iPod Touch. You cant jailbreak iPad 2 on 4.3.3+ and thiswill not work with the iPhone4s either. Keep in mind this a TETHERED jailbreak and you'll have to use redsn0w and "Boot Tether" everytime you reboot your device. As of now there is no untethered jailbreak.
Unlockers use Sn0wbreeze to preserve baseband!
1. Download and install iTunes 10.5; update iTunes by going to "Help" at the top and clicking "Check For Updates"
2. Download the correct iOS 5 .ipsw file for your device. You can find links at THIS thread
3. Download Redsn0w 0.9.9b8 for Windows or Mac
Open redsn0w and you will see this
4. Click on "Jailbreak" and then "Install Cydia" and follow the instruction to enter DFU mode.
5. When redsn0w finish put your device in DFU mode and go to "Extras" and select "Just Boot". If you don't do this Cydia and Safari will crash. You'll have to do this everytime you reboot your device.
Last edited by Red_Gh0st; 11-05-2011 at 11:37 AM.