Thread: Neo Gamma Disc Error (1208)

Thanks

Neo Gamma Disc Error (1208)

Heya, well I'm kinda a nooby wii hacker (I had my brother take care of ours) and I'm trying to make a friends Wii run back ups. I assume that I installed everything correctly, but Im getting this disc error when I try to run a back-up.

Well my friend recently bought his wii (refurbished so who knows how long ago it was made, it's 4.3U) so I hacked it using the "Softmod any Wii" guide. I was able to instal HBC without any issues, but I couldn't get Priiloader to work. After this I played around with Cios' and got it working. Even after this NeoGamma wouldn't work.

Since DVDs seemed like a dwindling possibility, I decided to install USB Loader GX (using this guide: Failtube link removed). While following the guide I noticed that I could install cIos' much more efficiently. So after making sure I had the Trucha Bug, and properly Installing cIos 249, I tried NeoGamma again, no dice.

I know the problem isn't in the disc (since it works fine with my Wii), and the USB Loader works on my friends Wii. So is there anything else I can try, or should I just assume that this Wii can't run back-ups?
    Last edited by bmarlo; 10-15-2011 at 09:03 PM.

nightstah
    Wii Drive Chip Database - Serial Number Estimation

^Plug your Wii's serial number into that. It's not fool proof, but would likely give you an answer (D3-2 or D4 = no backups via optical/DVD will work and only USB HD would be your avenue in such a case). Please don't post links to failguides, this community supports the guides that are here --- not fixing some other site's failguide.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,706 Times in 1,318 Posts
    This is from our error index..
    1208:
    DVD Read Error:
    Bad burn use a better quality disc(Verbatim DVD-R) burn at 2x or 4x using imgburn.Could be a bad iso dump.
    Also, we don't support external guides. If you have a question regarding that external guide, go there and ask your question.
    And please don't link to external guides either, as it's against site policy and will be removed.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,139 Times in 1,504 Posts
    Try following a guide from this site, we do not support other sites guides, thank you thread closed.