Thread: New Super Mario Bros and Super smash bros brawl freeze

Thanks

Us New Super Mario Bros and Super smash bros brawl freeze

Hey, My name's Ben. I have a softmodded wii, at 4.1 (origianaly 4.3). did it so i could play backed up games on a external hard drive. Anyways I got all my games working fine except for New super mario bros and super smash bros brawl. The problem seems to be the same with both: after playing the game for a few minutes, it freezes. The picture freezes (no black screen) and it makes a higher pitched beeeee........eeeeep! Then you have to hold the power button to turn it off. These seem to be the only two games that do this. I have no idea what could be the problem. What is ios reloading? (Could it be that?) Anyways im clueless and could use any useful information! Thanks

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Try loading it using another IOS. IOS reloading should not be the problem.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

Thanks
    Its not a bad dump/iso because ive tried multiple times. I will try differant ios, but do you know which one would be more likely to work? otherwise ill just keep trying different ones.

WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    If you followed a guide from this site, 249 or 248 will work fine with those games. Try and post a system check.

Thanks

Wink

Sorry for the delay, but I got both games working and I thought id share how. For New Super Mario Bros, i just didn't patch the iso correctly. As for Super Smash Bros Brawl, I tried using different ios, and looked for how to patch it, but nothing. I finally found that you have to delete a file in the sd card. It is located at SD/private/wii/app/rsbe/st/something.bin After deleting the .bin, it should work, at least it did for me (and quite a few other people).