Thread: Bricked Wii need to reflash in chicago

Bricked Wii need to reflash in chicago

Hi, im new to the fourm. I softmoded a second hand wi 4.3u with mauifrog's great guide. It worked and i had everything setup. I was backing up my wii games and running them off my seagate 1t harddrive, Worked great. Then i bought COD black ops and couldnt run it off the hard drive. i read that i needed to change my ios to 250 or 224. but i didnt do it and i booted the wii and inserted the cod game and press the update channel, it asked for permission to update but i decided to abort and i pulled the power to rest it. Then the wii was giving me a black screen after that. i backed up my nand and installed the prilloader like the guide said to. But i couldnt load the priloader and i tried to flash the backup nand and it was successfully flashed but i still get a black screen. a couple things i should note is i couldn't get the wifi to work, it would just get stuck on searching for a access point and i would have to pull power to reset, and while i was softmodding it was freezing and giving me a black screen throughout the process, but i would just power cycle with the a/c plug a couple times to get it back. So maybe it was already going bad or a partial brick. So is there something else i can try with the backed up nand or should I / Can i have it sent for a reflashing. And if there is someone here in Chicago that can do it. Thanks so much to wiihacks and its members. I love this site. Skunk

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    Hey hey...

I'm in the chi....

But a few things to try.... Can you power up your wii with wiimote... You just might have a bad wifi or bluetooth module!!! Those can give black screens....

---------- VIA Wiihacks IPAD App ----------

hey whats up thanks for the help. i can power the wii up with the remote. and turn it off.

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    K a couple things....

1. Can you get to prilloader?
    2. Can you get to bootmii?
    3. Do you get a flicker on tv when on or do you get no signal?
    4. Are you running it with component cables or composite?

---------------------------
    Sent Via Wiihacks Mobile App

ok, this is pretty crazy but as i tested the wii for #3 the wii came back to life and worked. do you think i have a bad wifi module and its making the wii act like that?

thanks
    skunk

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    lol... you gotta love electronics.....

you could have a semi going bad wifi module.... I can sell you one if you want to swap it out.... pm me if intrested!!

---------------------------
    Sent Via Wiihacks Mobile App

thanks pm on its way.

pm sent. if you didnt get it please email me at skunkmere at hotmail
    thanks
    skunk