Question about updating USB Loader GX
I have been using Rev843 IOS249 (Rev14) of Gx for a few years now without any problems. I just tried playing a new game called Smurfs Dance Party but I get a "MetaFortress Response" error message. The advice is to enable a setting called "Block IOS Reload", but I didn't see that in the version of Gx that I have. It appears I need to update it. If I update Gx, will I have to update or install anything else so that I will still be able to play the games on the hard drive?
I have Wii version 4.2u and used the guide here to softmod my Wii: http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...tmod-4-2u.html.
That link is an official guide?
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
Heh... I think there was a copy/paste fail there. If you are using that old version of gx and rev14 for your cios then you are WAY out of date. GX and cios have come a long way since then. There are 2 links in my signature that I think you should follow. The softmod any wii link will get your mod up to date if you follow the section for softmods with the hBC installed, then use the GX link i have there to update to 2.2. You will need to delete your old config files for gx to work properly once updated.
I just clicked on the link I created in my post and it took me to the old thread containing the guide, so it seems to be working. I don't know if it's "official", but it worked for me. I go by the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" motto, so I am very hesitant to make any further changes. We can live without loading the Smurfs game from the hard drive anyway. Of course, if this Metafortress message is going to become a regular thing with new games, then I would consider making the changes
Here is the guide I followed:
1. This is for wii using 4.2U, you can update to it if needed.
2. Copy all of the files from Softmod 4.2 fixed Again folder over to your SD card.After files copied,
put the SD card in your Wii.
3. Click the SD card tab on the main menu screen.
4. A message will then pop up, click yes.
5. The "Hackmii Installer 0.5" will launch, and from there, you can install the HBC.
1. Rerun the hackmii installer and install Bootmii as an IOS
2. Put the SD card in your PC.
3. Navigate to the cboot2>try this 2nd folder.
4. Drop the Bootmii folder, boot.dol, and startup.elf from the "try this 2nd folder" onto your SD card root.DO Not use the try this 1st, use the try this 2nd.
5. Put the SD Card in your wii.
6. Start the Homebrew Channel and press home, then select Launch Bootmii.
The screen should trip out briefly then WAD Manager should start.
7. Choose the SD Slot and press A on each IOS, then press left or right to uninstall the 4 IOS available: 222, 223, 249, 250.
8. Exit the application.
9. Put the SD Card in your PC.
10. Go to your cboot2 folder and put the boot.dol there onto your SD card root to overwrite the one already there.
11. Start the Homebrew Channel and press home, then select Launch Bootmii.
This time it should start the cIOS installer.
12. Press left until you see do not reload IOS and choose WAD install.
Next set of files to be copied are from the folder labeled New Super Mario Bros, open the folders contained with in, until you see Apps, open it up also,
copy the 3 folder inside it to your Apps folder on your SD card. Then put SD card back in your Wii.
1.Enter the homebrew channel
3.It will ask you which IOS to use, select 249 Then Hit A
4.Select Network install Then hit A
5.Wait for it to download and install
6.Press any button to restart
7.Now your at Homebrew again, choose CIOS 222 installer v4
8.Select IOS 249 and hit A
9.Then select Custom IOS 223 and Hit A
10.Use IOS 38 merged with IOS 37 and hit A. When install completed, restart the Wii.
Go to Homebrew Channel, click Start, click on Wad Manager,click Load, press A, Select IOS249 click A, Select Wii SD Slot, Click A,
scroll down to USB Loader GX Forwarder Channel.wad then click A. Exit out all and go back to Wii Menu.
To Play a copied game from disk, Insert the disk and Click on Usb loader gx, then Start button, hold down the 2 button on wii remote.
If you have external hard drive attached, then a list of games will appear after you start the usb loader channel,(thats if you have loaded games onto it).
To copy an original game to external hard drive, have hard drive attatched to wii, start the usb loader gx program, once started insert the game into Wii,
button appears to install game, that will install it to your hard drive.[/B]
The updated software skell speaks of are the latest in the fight for the right to play backups of our legal copies.
You know as time goes by, updating some things are necessary in order to stay compatable with the latest releases.
I believe Skell also mentioned much has changed since your software installation.
Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
Yeah I saw that in the thread. If you want to see how outdated you are you can look at the "what this mod installs" tab of the ANY Wii guide, then run your own syscheck and look at the differences. You will probably run into a lot of issues with newer games running those old cios but it's your call on updating the mod or not. I usually agree with the not broke dont fix theory but this is one situation that I would say fix it anyhow.