Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD-R is detected but screen turns black

Red face DVD-R is detected but screen turns black

Hey guys!

I fallowed all the steps starting with letterbomb, I have a 4.3U system.
    I tried burning Super Mario Galaxy ( along with COD and Mario Kart) on DVD-R's at different speeds, 1x-2x-4x and max, and none worked
    The thing is that when I try put the dvd in I can hear the little *super mario galaxy* and it's obviously being detected but once I try to access the game my screen just turns black. I tried waiting for a while but it's not working!
    Before finding this forum, I also tried using DarkCorp (and then I decided to format my wii and start over) and it didn't work.
    I also tried doing it through Neogamma and screen goes black as well.

I am pregnant and spend most of my time at home I really want this to work!! heeelp
    Thank yooou!

Black screen is a good indication of missing/outdated/wrong cIOS, so me thinks you're not
    softmodded properly. Post a syscheck so we can see what's going on inside your wii.

Smile Here it is :)

Hey there, thank you lots for your fast answer, so here is the info :

Spoiler

The thing is that I don't get it why it says : Menu Systeme 4.0/4.1U, when I downloaded letterbomb I made sure the system was 4.3U, I made a mistake there or it just downgraded my wii?

For the games I use this kind of format: ISO Image File (.iso) that opens with Roxio Creator, usually the games are around 4 Gb.
    I burn them with ImgBurner, tried different speeds (1x,2x,4x,8x) on Maxell Dvd-R's

Sorry I'm repeating just so you don't have to read my first message over again.

Thank you lots!

You have a newer Wii? If so it will never read burned media. and use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim media instead.
    Last edited by Brian; 09-11-2011 at 12:48 PM.

I checked my wii and it's not new, well I think so... LU51541659, it's 2006 ? I have no idea what gimp-my-wii is

according to Wii Drive Chip Database, you should be OK for reading burned media. Try using better media for your burns as I stated. Gimp-my-wii is slang for pimp-my-wii, but I seen you said you installed darkcorp, and its remnants are still there...

I thought that by formatting my wii it would erase it all noobish. I'll try with Verbatim and see if it works out. Thank you lots!

Is there some reason you do not want to usb load your games? Disc loading pretty well, you know, sucks...

I guess it's just because it's cheaper (15 dvd-r for 8 $) and I rather put my money on baby stuff for now and I tend to lose my usb's or break them. I know it's better but it's hard to change bad habits hehe

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    I think he was suggesting a USB HD as opposed to stick or card, lol. These attach to the rear USB port via cable that typically comes with the kinds of drives I speak of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast