Thread: Updating iOS 5

Updating iOS 5

Hi guys,

I need to update to the latest iOS firmware I am running 4.0.1 and jailbroken, how do I update?, I had had a look around and can't find out how to?,

please help!

(Thankyou shadowsonic for the Skype info)

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    You can only update to iOS 5 if u have a dev account on apple. Its still not recommended tho, ios 5 is still in beta.

Sent from my iPod touch using the WiiHacks App

Hi,

Thankyou for the quick reply, sorry I meant 4.3.5 the latest firmware, I am still running 4.0.1 as I have been to scared to update since I got my 4 and jb it!,

can you tell me how I can update as I really could do with help, anyone, Thankyou!

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Harybo
    Hi,

Thankyou for the quick reply, sorry I meant 4.3.5 the latest firmware, I am still running 4.0.1 as I have been to scared to update since I got my 4 and jb it!,

can you tell me how I can update as I really could do with help, anyone, Thankyou!
    Stay at your currect iOS. 4.3.5 doesn't have an untethered jailbreak and won't have; now that iOS 5 is just weeks away from its release it would be stupid for someone to release an exploit for that 4.3.5. You can have a tethered jailbreak tho. Meaning, that you can't reboot, or youll lose the jailbreak

sigh, ok well I wanted to update my iOS so I can have street fighter online and stream 4od, do you think I will ever be able to update my firmware to anything?, SB settings is so convenient I am glad I jb but sure has been hassle D:

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Harybo
    sigh, ok well I wanted to update my iOS so I can have street fighter online and stream 4od, do you think I will ever be able to update my firmware to anything?, SB settings is so convenient I am glad I jb but sure has been hassle D:
    As I said, you can jailbreak. With a tethered jb you can do anything you'd normally do with an untethered jb. Except for rebooting. And I agree, sbsettings is great

You can do that all you need to do is either plug it in or ask a guy. at the genius bar

Retired WiiHacks Staff ShadowSonic2's Avatar
    iOS5 isn't publicly out and is still in beta. Unless you're a Developer, can't get it.